HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

White House Insider On Obama: The President Is Losing It

by EdHannigan / November 1, 2010 12:23 PM PDT
http://newsflavor.com/opinions/white-house-insider-on-obama-the-president-is-losing-it/#ixzz13tKipVBs

And you state he despises Joe Biden? Oh yeah. That is very well known in the White House. Obama chose Biden for one reason ? to have an older white guy with some international policy credentials. Period.If Biden has all of this international experience that Obama found so valuable,
why has he buried him under the pile of crap that became the stimulus bill? What does Joe Biden know about budgets and economics? Not much ? but Obama didn?t care. Give Joe a job and get him the hell out of my hair ? that pretty much sums up the president?s feelings toward Joe Biden.

What about Hillary Clinton? Obama is scared to death of Hillary. He doesn?t trust her ? obsesses over her almost as much as he does Fox News. He respects her though, which might be why he fears her so much as well. He talks the game, but when it comes down to it, she has played the game on a far tougher level than he has, and Obama knows that.

So if Obama doesn?t appear interested in the job of president, what does he do day after day? Well, he takes his meetings just like any other president would, though even then, he seems to lack a certain focus and on a few occasions, actually leaves with the directive that be given asummary of the meeting at a later date. I hear he plays a lot of golf, and watches a lot of television ? ESPN mainly. I?ll tell you this ? if you want to see President Obama get excited about a conversation, turn it to sports. That gets him interested. You start talking about Congress, or some policy, and he just kinda turns off. It?s really very strange. I mean, we were all led to believe that this guy was some kind of intellectual giant, right? Ivy League and all that. Well, that is not what I saw. Barack Obama doesn?t have a whole lot of intellectual curiosity. When he is off script, he is what I call a real ?slow talker?. Lots of ummms, and lots of time in between answers where you can almost see the little wheel in his head turning very slowly. I am not going to say the president is a dumb man, because he is not, but yeah, there was a definite letdown when you actually hear him talking without the script.

That sounds like you are calling Obama stupid to me. No ? I am not going to call him stupid. He just doesn?t strike me as particularly smart. Bill Clinton is a smart guy ? he would run intellectual circles around Barack Obama. And Bill Clinton loved the politics of being president. Obama seems to think he shouldn?t have to be bothered, which has created a considerable amount of conflict among his staff.

He just doesn?t seem to have the confidence to do the job of President, and it?s getting worse and worse. Case in point ? just a few days before I left, I saw first hand the President of the United States yelling at a member of his staff. He was yelling like a spoiled child. And then he pouted for several moments after. I wish I was kidding, or exaggerating, but I am not. The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum.

WONDERFUL!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: White House Insider On Obama: The President Is Losing It
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: White House Insider On Obama: The President Is Losing It
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
2 more years!
by oldie and goody / November 1, 2010 12:27 PM PDT

and never again! LOL

Collapse -
Don't rejoice
by James Denison / November 1, 2010 12:47 PM PDT

If this is true, it's very bad for all of us.

Collapse -
No, what's bad
by oldie and goody / November 1, 2010 1:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Don't rejoice

is that he gets elected for another 4 years! I don't know if this country can even get thru 2 more years with him and his cohorts in office.

Collapse -
RE: that he gets elected for another 4 years!
by JP Bill / November 2, 2010 6:05 AM PDT
In reply to: No, what's bad

don't worry about that....He's in for 2 more years no matter what (unless he's impeached or assassinated)

In 2 years start worrying, if he gets elected for 4 more years

Of course if you want to toss and turn for the next 2 years...who am I to stop you?

Your husband might Happy

Collapse -
The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum.
by JP Bill / November 1, 2010 12:49 PM PDT

Good for him....a few weeks ago I read that he wasn't angry/upset about something that others thought he should have been. 9ie...he didn't show emotion)

There's no source like an unnamed source?

Collapse -
An adult temper trantrum is not good
by Steven Haninger / November 1, 2010 8:51 PM PDT

and should not be praised. A tantrum can be forgivable but it isn't proper, IMO.

Collapse -
Yeah, getting passionate abpout an idssue is one thing....
by EdHannigan / November 1, 2010 9:40 PM PDT

throwing a hissy fit and reaming out a subordinate is something entirely different.

Collapse -
It is the ultimate, logical conclusion
by Desperado JC / November 1, 2010 10:12 PM PDT

of the preference system. He was passed along all the way to the Presidency, and propped up by people who thought that was the way it should be.

I am sure that there is much about the national and international political systems that Chicago politicians simply do not understand. We saw that in the decision re: the 2016 Olympics. On top of that, the boss (Richard Daley) is not running for reelection.

Collapse -
LOL
by Josh K / November 1, 2010 11:33 PM PDT

Not that this piece has an agenda or anything, naaaaa.

".....doesn't have a whole lot of intellectual curiosity...

Funny, I recall the same criticism being leveled at George W. Bush. What did you think of that?

And a president not personally liking his VP too much isn't anything new. JFK and LBJ detested each other, but both recognized the political advantages of teaming up. Bush I eventually admitted that Dan Quayle was a mistake, and despite his public statements, I believe John McCain rues the day he agreed to Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Collapse -
This from someone who worked INSIDE...
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2010 12:02 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL

Obama's WH.

Collapse -
Who prefers to remain anonymous
by JP Bill / November 2, 2010 12:22 AM PDT

Disgruntled "former" adviser/employee?

I wonder if the authoUr confirmed the facts? from another source. I guess he didn't because he only mentioned one source. I wonder no longer.

That's what they're supposed to do, right?

Collapse -
I wonder what would happen....
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 2:03 AM PDT

...if I did a search on the various books that were written by former Bush staffers and what your response to them was...

Collapse -
Who cares?
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2010 2:15 AM PDT

You seem determined to change the subject. Bush is not in office now. Get over it.

Don't you think it's relevant that we have a President who is not interested in doing the work he was elected to do and acts like a petulant child? Could it be that you are finally realizing that you were sold a defective product?

Collapse -
You're assuming that article is factual
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 3:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Who cares?

No surprise, since you want to believe such things so badly that a blog post citing unnamed sources is apparently reliable information to you.

Collapse -
Sarah Palin
by James Denison / November 2, 2010 12:23 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL

She brought more to the campaign than she took from it. He'd have done worse without her.

Collapse -
I think you're right
by Steven Haninger / November 2, 2010 12:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Sarah Palin

I believe McCain was deep in a hole with his campaign numbers but they soared when Sarah Palin was named his running mate. This happened even though she was relatively unknown. It didn't take long for the media to dig up enough to make a case against her fitness to be in high office. As I recall, McCain's numbers sagged a bit later. I don't know whether the novelty had worn off or the anti-Palin attacks were effective.

Collapse -
Even I found her selection interesting at first
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
In reply to: I think you're right

But the more I saw of her and how empty a vessel she was, the more the prospect of her as VP concerned me. I'm sure I wasn't alone. "Attacks" had nothing to do with it. She lacked the most rudimentary knowledge of what a VP's job was and other basic elements of civics and government. Charm and cuteness only go so far, though she keeps trying to push that envelope.

Collapse -
Yeah, you sucked up the party propaganda pretty quickly.
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2010 2:18 AM PDT

Never mind that Biden and Obama were empty vessels as well. At least Palin is not fooled by lefty ideology7.

Collapse -
I could say that Barack Obama didn't rise to the top
by Steven Haninger / November 2, 2010 2:41 AM PDT

but was pushed there. I thought his qualifications were iffy as well. I do remember someone here posting some Jackie Mason videos that were humorous. One of them suggested that all he'd ever done was run for office. In a sense, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy. He's way over his head right now and I suspect he senses it.

Collapse -
During the campaign....
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 3:08 AM PDT

...he demonstrated a grasp of the issues and knew what his job was going to be. She was unable to do any of that. All that "aw shucks" cutie-poo hucksterism might work in beauty pageants but it (thankfully) doesn't get you far in politics anymore.

Collapse -
He was better at reading a teleprompter...
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2010 3:12 AM PDT

that's about it.

Ummmm... but Josh, she HAS gone far in politics.

Collapse -
Where, exactly?
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 3:35 AM PDT

She was elected governor of Alaska and then quit halfway through her term, and it wasn't so she could run for another office. If she couldn't take the heat as governor of Alaska, what does she think things would be like if she was President?

Collapse -
Yeah , you're right.. She's virtually unknown.
by EdHannigan / November 2, 2010 3:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Where, exactly?

She has absolutely NO influence or power and no one even remembers her name. She's been relegated to obscurity. What was I thinking?

Collapse -
big difference
by James Denison / November 2, 2010 3:16 AM PDT

She was chosen to run, she didn't choose to run. If she had, then maybe she'd had as much time to prepare for it as Obama obviously had been doing. She wasn't interested in anything other than being Governor of Alaska at the time. If she'd had more time to prepare, I suspect she'd come off looking about the same, maybe even better than Obama. She did pull a lot of disillusioned Hillary voters away from Obama, which is one reason Obama did something he really didn't want by embracing Hillary into his campaign. Obama needed "an old white guy" and a woman to get elected, or believe he did.

So, you had one candidate who had worked toward running for president for a long time, versus a VP candidate who hadn't. That's the oddest thing in that the press tried to make it like Obama was in direct competition with Sarah Palin. Maybe he felt he didn't measure up against McCain so had to run against the VP candidate instead?

It was a screwy campaign, an even worse election, and the results have been only downhill since then.

Collapse -
Disillusioned Hillary voters?
by Josh K / November 2, 2010 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: big difference

Are you suggesting that people who supported Hillary went flocking to Sarah Palin just because she was also female? And that the tremendous differences in their politics mattered less than that?

Palin was only selected in the first place because the McCain campaign felt they needed a gimmick to steal the "historic nature of this election" thunder away from Obama. Her selection meant "Hey, you can vote for McCain and still make history!" And that's pretty much all it meant.

Collapse -
research PUMA
by James Denison / November 2, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

If you'd followed some of their forums during the election you'd know what I'm speaking of.

Collapse -
only downhill since then.
by JP Bill / November 2, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
In reply to: big difference

you ain't seen nothing yet.

Collapse -
ROFL!
by James Denison / November 2, 2010 5:07 AM PDT

We'll see some of it tonight!! Happy

Collapse -
We'll see some of it tonight!!
by JP Bill / November 2, 2010 5:18 AM PDT
In reply to: ROFL!

and for the next 2 years...

sometimes the best part of something is waiting.

Be careful what you wish for.

Collapse -
(NT) at least HOPE will be back again
by James Denison / November 2, 2010 6:06 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.