Samsung forum

Rant

White Dots on HLT5676 claim gone wrong!

by bradley914 / May 11, 2011 12:40 PM PDT

I have searched for assistance with the white dots problem with our TV. I found this forum which has had a plethra of examples with other people who have had the same problem.

I called 800-SAMSUNG to ask for repairs. It sounds like there are many other people with the same issue! No problem, right? The representative said that the 5676 model is not covered for repairs. I am so disappointed! Why would the 5675 model be covered but not the 5676? This is obviously an ever increasing problem with a number of 5676 sets.

If it's a known issue with the TVs, why wouldn't they cover it? I don't like that they stand behind a faulty product.

I did not get a claim number as I didn't even know a claim number was available. I asked if I would be notified if my TV became eligble for repair and she said no. That seems unfair. If you have to have a certain number of logged complaints for it to become eligible, don't you have the cusotmer list to notify when it is eligible? but...
Model: HLT5676SX/XAA
Serial: AHDZ3CKP801433Z

Does anyone have any other advice?!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: White Dots on HLT5676 claim gone wrong!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: White Dots on HLT5676 claim gone wrong!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
White Dots on HLT5676 claim gone wrong!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 12, 2011 4:01 AM PDT

bradley914,

Collapse -
White Dots on HLT5076S
by egoyas / May 12, 2011 6:28 AM PDT

HDTech,

I am having the same issue as Bradley914 and the same result when calling support. The television started showing a couple of white dots about a month ago and now is covered in what must be hundreds. I simply do not understand how this can be a known issue, but Samsung is not willing to cover the repair. I did get a transaction number and would appreciate any help you could provide in escalating this issue.

Transaction #:2103442571
Serial #: AHFM3CMP507111D

Thank you.

Collapse -
White Dots on HLT5076S
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 12, 2011 7:03 AM PDT
In reply to: White Dots on HLT5076S

egoyas,

Collapse -
White Dots on HLT5076S - Still have not heard
by egoyas / May 17, 2011 6:01 AM PDT
In reply to: White Dots on HLT5076S

Hello HDTech,

I am afraid I still have not heard from anyone on this. Was there more information you required? Please advise. The dots just keep increasing.

Thanks.

Collapse -
White Dots on HLT5076S - Still have not heard
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 17, 2011 7:18 AM PDT

egoyas,

Collapse -
It is fixed!!!
by egoyas / June 5, 2011 11:54 PM PDT

I am happy to report that, while it took a few weeks to resolve, my TV is fixed at last. With the help of an escalation here, Samsung approved the fix and a technician visited my home to fix. Within less than 40 minutes the TV was working as new.

Many thanks to the HDTech Ambassador and to Samsung for resolving this.

Collapse -
It is fixed!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 6, 2011 6:48 AM PDT
In reply to: It is fixed!!!

egoyas,

Collapse -
How did they fix it?
by D__ve_OC / June 6, 2011 6:55 AM PDT
In reply to: It is fixed!!!

Get the film to Re-attach, replace the panel, replace the set?

Collapse -
(NT) Sorry, wrong thread, ignore previoue post
by D__ve_OC / June 6, 2011 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: How did they fix it?
Collapse -
Similar problem. White dots cover the screen on my Samsung.
by Vikings44 / May 17, 2011 10:24 AM PDT

I have a Samsung HLT5676. The white dots are multiplying. I read the threads of people with a similar problem. I was hopeful Samsung would stand behind the product especially because white dots are such a common problem.
However, when I called 1-800-SAMSUNG after a brief moment on hold she told me there was nothing she could do. She is referring me to a third party repair service at my expense. I have not heard from the repair service yet so I don't know what the cost will be to repair the white dots.
My understanding is that Samsung will warranty the defective chip. How do I get my defective chip warrantied rather than pay a local repair service?
MODEL CODE: HLT5676SX/XAA
"REPAIR TICKET" 4008265542

Collapse -
Similar problem. White dots cover the screen on my Samsung.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 8:11 AM PDT

Vikings44,

Collapse -
Samsung fixed the white dots. Problem solved!
by Vikings44 / May 23, 2011 11:54 PM PDT
Happy Initially I was told White Dot repair would at my expense. Then I received a call from the local repair service and he informed me Samsung WOULD warranty the defective chip. The repair work was performed in my living room three days later by RT Electronics. Parts and labor were provided at no cost to me.
For those of you in the Seattle area, the RT Electronics tech was ON TIME, super professional and he answered all of my questions. If RT Electronics provides your service you are in good hands.
MODEL CODE: HLT5676SX/XAA
Collapse -
I'm having the same issue with the HLT5676S
by joe2163 / June 9, 2011 9:36 AM PDT

Hi,

I am also having the white dot issue with the HLT5676S. I just called Samsung and was told my model was not on their list for this issue. I was informed that they would have a technician come out and I would be responsible for the diagnostic charge. If the chip was found to be the problem, Samsung would pick up the repair charge but I'd still be responsible for the diagnostic.

Can you please see if you can do anything to get the service free of charge. Here is my ticket number.

TRANSACTION#3000656626

Thanks

Collapse -
I'm having the same issue with the HLT5676S
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 9, 2011 4:02 PM PDT

joe2163,

Collapse -
Another Happy Customer
by joe2163 / June 28, 2011 11:28 AM PDT

HD_TECH,

Sorry it took a while to get back to but everything as been resolved at no cost. A few good comments about Samsung.

1. After you got invoived, I received a call from Samsung Customer Service the next morning. Was informed they would correct the white dot issue at no charge.

2. I was immediately contacted by a local service person and we set up an appointment.

3. The service person was right on time but didn't have the part. Was told it would take two weeks to get it in but received a call in one week that the part had arrived.

4. The technician fixed the issue and I'm a happy camper.

I'd really like to thank you for the assistance. It was fantastic!!!

Collapse -
Another Happy Customer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2011 5:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Another Happy Customer

joe2163,

Collapse -
mattproto87 - White Dots HLS6187WX/XAA
by mattproto87 / September 6, 2011 4:09 AM PDT

I see you've helped many people, and im hopeful you can assist me.
I'm experiencing the same white dot issues as many other cusomters.
anything you can do to escalate my request is greatly appreciated.
I've loved my Samsung and am hopeful we can get this issue resolved.

HLS6187WX/XAA
Serial # b19l3ckp301465F
Transaction # 2108911880

Collapse -
White Dots
by markk2008 / May 14, 2011 5:34 AM PDT

I called Samsung for the same white dot issue with Model HL-T5076S.
They said the warranty period was over and directed me to a local repair shop (who wants 500.00 to replace / repair the chip).
This TV is 3 years old. I'm very unhappy, my next purchase will not be a Samsung product!!!!

Collapse -
Do you want to try again? If so.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2011 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: White Dots

Look at success stories here and post your TRANSACTION number, make, model, country and a few details.
Bob

Collapse -
by markk2008 / May 18, 2011 2:01 PM PDT

Bob,
When I called Samsung back they said my model isn't the one with bad chip and it must be something else.

claim number: 2013453261
Samsung model: HL-T5076S
SN: AHFM3CKPC01434F

USA - white dots appeared on screen after 3 years and they're still increasing in numbers.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 2:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply

markk2008,

As of this evening, I've requested that a manager review the situation.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thank you CNET/ Samsung_HD_Tech!
by markk2008 / June 3, 2011 12:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply

After your efforts I got a call from Samsung and they agreed to extend my warranty for 30 days.
The technician replaced the chip this afternoon and the white dot issue is gone!
Thanks to your efforts Samsung replaced the chip free of charge.

This experience has made me a big fan of CNET. When I called personally Samsung would not help me. Samsung would not have stood behind their product without your help.

Thanks Again for your help!

Collapse -
Success!
by bradley914 / May 14, 2011 11:51 PM PDT

I was contacted by Samsung shortly after posting on the forum here. They said that they agreed to come fix the issue of the white dots on the TV afterall (which is good because they're multiplying!!) at no cost to me!

This has restored my faith in the Samsung brand but it is unfortunate that the forum post had to take place first. I am VERY appreciative that they have decided to repair the issue however, I wonder how many other people who may not know about this way to communicate have missed out on this?

I am looking forward to many more years with my television and I hope it doesn't happen again another 3 years from now! Happy

Collapse -
Yet another White Dot Case
by jimmcdon / June 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT

I called 1-800 Samsung for the second time after re-reading the posts here. I hope I'm not too late to get the fix as I was told the first time I called (I am out of warranty). I have the exact same model as the original poster of this thread.

Model: HLT5676SX/XAA
Serial: AHD23CKP802521X
Transaction Number: 5001420274

The Customer Service Rep was helpful but could not do anything as the set is out of warranty. However she is forwarding me to ECR (?) after providing a transaction number... (note: I'm typing this while on hold waiting for trans number and transfer....)

ECR answered and said that if the problem turns out to be the DMD repair would be covered, however I will have to pay for the diagnostic by the technician who will come out to verify that it is the DMD that is the problem.

After another brief hold I was told a tech will call within 1-2 business days to schedule an appointment and was given a service order number: 4008422116

I was on the phone approximately 30min.

I'll post back what happens next.

Collapse -
Crossing my fingers....
by altla03 / June 29, 2011 11:58 AM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech:

I am also having the white dot issue....up to 34 as of earlier today. The count increases each day. I found this forum last night and called Samsung this evening. Customer service rep was very nice....took all the needed info and told me that someone would contact me in the next couple of days with the decision.

He mentioned:
1) They deal with this issue from time to time(haha)!
2) This was repaired on a case-by-case basis.
3) Not all TV's would be on the list, but would recommend to Samsung to add mine, if not listed.

My transaction # is 5001420432

Hopefully, I won't run into the problems that others on here have....from all that I read, you have helped many! Kudos to you!! I'll update when I hear back.

Collapse -
Crossing my fingers....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 30, 2011 3:24 PM PDT

altla03,

Collapse -
Crossing my fingers....
by altla03 / August 10, 2011 4:07 PM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech:

TV is fixed and no more white dots!!! Grin

Samsung had the TV repair company call promptly after my original call. The chip was ordered and replaced a couple of weeks ago!! Like brand new again!

Thanks for you help with this matter!

-altla03

Collapse -
Crossing my fingers....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 26, 2011 3:40 AM PDT

altla03,

Collapse -
Yet another White Dot Case
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 30, 2011 3:26 PM PDT

jimmcdon,

Collapse -
White Dots Case
by sonicpride / August 25, 2011 4:08 PM PDT

Samsung HDTech,

I'm also having problems with the white dots and the customer service rep says my model number is not listed and can not do anything. Can you please help out?

Transaction: 2108731151

Thank you for your help.

-sonicpride

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?