Samsung forum

General discussion

white dots on HL-T5076s

by rxm911 / May 2, 2011 7:15 AM PDT

I am very disappointed to see your previous response to a message today about a similar TV that is having the same problem as my TV. I have recently seen the same white dots that other owners of your products have seen, and it is apparent that your products have a design flaw and your not doing anything about. I will communicate this issue with as many people as possible and communicate your companies lack of concern for your customers.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: white dots on HL-T5076s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: white dots on HL-T5076s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
white dots on HL-T5076s
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 2, 2011 10:23 AM PDT

rxm911,

Collapse -
White dots on my HLT5076
by ac_808 / May 5, 2011 9:13 AM PDT

HD Tech -

Collapse -
White dots on my HLT5076
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 6, 2011 7:58 AM PDT

ac_808,

Collapse -
White dots on my HLT5076
by ac_808 / May 12, 2011 1:58 PM PDT

HD Tech -

Collapse -
White dots on my HLT5076
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 13, 2011 3:47 AM PDT

ac_808,

Collapse -
(NT) reponse
by rxm911 / May 6, 2011 10:47 PM PDT
Collapse -
Same White Dot Issue
by czapiecki / May 8, 2011 11:19 AM PDT

After reading posts on here about the white dot issue (on many Samsung DLP models), I called Samsung and heard the same thing it seems they tell everyone else... they could forward my information to a local Samsung repair person, but that since my warranty period is up, I would have to pay for it... They also told me that my model number specifically (HL-T5076S), does not have any known issues with the white dots...

Like everyone else, I was very disappointed...

I asked for my transaction number in hopes that you could do something to help me too... #2013423171

Thanking you in advance for any help you can offer.

Collapse -
Same White Dot Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 10, 2011 7:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Same White Dot Issue

czapiecki,

Collapse -
White Dot Issue on My Samsung
by VincySun / May 17, 2011 9:39 AM PDT

Hello HD Tech,
I've just started having the white dot issue on my HLT 5076 SX TV (5 dots so far). I called 800-SAMSUNG support and got no help. I stumbled onto this forum and saw that you were able to communicate some of the issues that others were having. This is not my first problem with this TV and I'm very frustrated from the lack of service from Samsung regarding the issues that have come up. Anyway, my transaction number was 2013468787. If there is anything you can do, please assist. Thanks.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 6:44 AM PDT

VincySun,

Collapse -
by VincySun / May 18, 2011 9:25 AM PDT

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated!

Collapse -
by VincySun / June 1, 2011 7:37 AM PDT

HDTech,
Thank you for your involvement in getting this issue resolved. A tech was dispatched last week who came out and fixed the television. I wish there were more like you out there willing to stand by your products and help others. Thanks again.

Vincy

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 1, 2011 1:53 PM PDT

VincySun,

Collapse -
Same issue on my DLP.
by FistFight / July 5, 2011 1:46 PM PDT

Hi HDTech,

I've called Samsung also after finding this forum and was told the same thing everyone else here has been told. That our sets are not covered by the free repair.

It's obvious there is an issue with all of the threads i've seen on the internet about this.

I was hoping you could help me out with my set also. My transaction ID is 2013731682

Anything you can do would be appreciated.

Collapse -
Same issue
by FistFight / July 6, 2011 2:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issue on my DLP.

I called the executive number 800-522-7341 and again spoke with someone there after giving her my transaction number 2013731682. She placed me on hold and came back and told be that because my TV was manufactured in 2002 that it doesn't qualify for the repair. I bought this TV from Best Buy in 2007. How is it possible that this TV was manufactured 5 years before I bought it.

If this is how Samsung is going to stand by their product then I guarantee I will never buy one of their products again.

It's obvious there is an issue with the set because of all the posts Im seeing here and everywhere else. Guess I'll watch it until its unwatchable then toss it and buy from another brand. So much for customer loyalty.

Collapse -
Same issue on my DLP.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2011 3:16 AM PDT

FistFight,

Collapse -
HDTech
by FistFight / July 6, 2011 3:36 AM PDT

I spoke with someone else there and they had my serial number wrong. They also said that the model I have was one digit out of the ones being covered but that they would go ahead and make the repair.

thank you for replying and escalating the issue for me and everyone else. Just wish others took as much pride in their products as it looks like you do.

I'm just waiting for the repair shop to call now.

Collapse -
HDTech
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2011 4:55 AM PDT
In reply to: HDTech

FistFight,

Collapse -
same problem
by mattdeneen / July 17, 2011 5:03 AM PDT
In reply to: HDTech

I have the exact same problem... and the service people at samsung refuse to assist without charging.
White dots appearing in a corner, 1 new one per day on average. I already had to purchase a new bulb recently. I love samsung and have samsung products all over my house but this issue upsets me.

As a loyal customer I'd hope something could be done as this white dot issue seems to be fairly common and the rep I spoke with at samsung said it is not an issue.

Sad

Any ideas or help?

Matthew

Collapse -
forgot
by mattdeneen / July 17, 2011 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem

Forgot to mention its the exact same model as the original poster 50 inch DLP HL-T5076s. Sad
I have Samsung all over my house and 2 samsung phones. Nothing has had a problem ever until this TV.
One of my phones has even been through hell and back and still works like a champ.

Collapse -
Tip. See what others have done.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 17, 2011 7:11 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem

They post the story and the all important country and transaction number. It's the weekend so you can hurry up and get this on this forum before the Ambassador comes by.
Bob

Collapse -
HLT6189SX/XAA white dots
by TP56 / January 13, 2012 8:13 AM PST

HDTech, I have been following this issue on several CNet forums and I would like your assistance. I have contacted the Samsung service center twice and have had no luck in resolving my white spot problem with my TV. I am up to 17 spots and they are growing exponentially. Below is my information.

Model # HLT6189SX/XAA
Serial # AHFU3CKP401255V
Version # RE01
Transaction # 5102751957

I hope that you will be able to assist me with this issue, if not I will attempt to write the president as well. I will monitor this thread and post any new developments with my transaction.

I have really enjoyed my Samsung TV until this point, I hope that my issue can be resolved and I can continue to be a Samsung customer

Collapse -
See new system.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 13, 2012 9:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Does HL-T5076S have the known white dot problem or doesn't?
by razorbacktom / January 6, 2012 2:16 PM PST

HDTech:

I noticed you are the "good samaritan" on this forum. I, too, have been told that the white dots on my Samsung HL-T5076S are not a known issue covered by any free of charge repair and "if I read on the Internet otherwise, I must be wrong."

It's the same problem as everybody else describes - small white dots that slowly increase in numbers and (naturally) are mostly visible when the screen around the white dot has one color.

Samsung customer service set up a repair ticket number "4113450731" (but told me that I will be totally responsible for all the charges, even if I tried - politely - to argue that I read on the internet that this was a known problem recognized by Samsung).

Any help would be very appreciated!

Collapse -
Does HL-T5076S have the known white dot problem or doesn't?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 6, 2012 2:36 PM PST

razorbacktom,

Collapse -
White Dot Problem
by 1johnstonj / January 9, 2012 9:30 AM PST

Hi Samsung_HD_Tech: I have the dreaded White Dot problem that others have reported. I have contacted Samsun's Customer Service and they provided my Transaction# 2111049241. My Model No. HL6756W with Model Code HLT6756WX/XAA and Serial# AJHJ3CKP602592Z. Can you help me? My name is: Jerry Johnston, Home # (817) 741-1635 and cell# (817) 988-1683 my email address: JerryJohnston@verizon.net Your help is appreciated "in advance". Thanks, Jerry Johnston

Collapse -
Chances it's not the DMD?
by Burton8219 / January 16, 2012 6:32 AM PST

Hi,

Collapse -
If...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2012 7:01 AM PST

If it has white dots, it's likely going to be deemed the chip, based on what people say.

Collapse -
white dots on HL-T5076
by hootens / January 16, 2012 8:43 AM PST

Hello Samsung_HD_tech

I am having the same issues with my HLT5076SX/XAA tv. The white dots are slowly multiplying. I saw you had helped a number of people in this forum and was wondering if you could elevate my work order also. I made one online and was told that I would have to pay for the fix myself. My ticket number is 4113552184. I really appreciate the help.

Collapse -
white dots on HL-T5076
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 17, 2012 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: white dots on HL-T5076

hootens,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?