Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11...

((( knit 1, purl 2 )))

I just thought it might be useful to keep in mind that Saddam was Rummy's boy, as was Osama.

U.S. Had Key Role in Iraq Buildup
Trade in Chemical Arms Allowed Despite Their Use on Iranians, Kurds

Taking one step back, we have Ollie and his 'neat idea' and all the stingers for Osama in Afganistan.

And one more, the CIA twice assassinating Iranian leaders so's our main boy, The Shah, could step back in. And what's our big complaint? Religious fundamentalist fanaticism!

So here come Dubya saying 50,000 tons of anthrax, cruse type unmanned aircraft, a year from the bomb, etc. etc. With practically the whole world saying: "We TOLD you not to build that guy up in the first place!" (Bush 41 and Powell had a heck of a time raising the coalition they finally did for Iraq War 1.) "First of all, if you really think Saddam has all that stuff, you do not want to bivouac 200,000+ troops in tight formation and plain sight out on the sands of Kuwait, and neither do we. Secondly, Thank you very much for all the saber-rattling. We'll take it from here. Obviously Saddam doesn't want to talk to you right now, but you've done quite enough. We're not going to do it if you're fixin' to start bombing and stuff, but if you'll START loading up we'll send in 30,000 more inspectors. Nobody is telling you to do NOTHING. No one is saying not to go on the offensive. Just don't do THIS. Not alone and not right now. Let's finish off your other old buddy and ally Osama first, what say? Meanwhile we'll be digging up and destroying all that anthrax."

So here we are. All alone, Nation-Building in the 1/st degree and unable to admit that there never was a connection between 9/11 and Iraq. And Dubya never even talked to his Dad about it? It's just magical. Dub and **** and Rummy are what they are, but if you ask me John McCain and especially Colin Powell have a lot to answer for.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
Money is speech? Yeah, that's the ticket! MONEY IS SPEECH.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wowsir!

In reply to: Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11...

I can't respond in private, only here.

Wowsir, that is wonderfully coherent commentary. I wonder not that George is smiling. Orwell, of course.

Thank you thank you and again, thank you.

Collapse -
garshk :-) thanks!

In reply to: Wowsir!

That first night of the convention they could not get enough of praising Bush for "taking it to the 9/11 terrorists by invading Iraq". Hello!?

No wonder there hasn't been another attack. Osama's too busy getting-out-the-vote for Bush!

Collapse -
All that writing for nothing :)

Of course there was a connection.

Collapse -
Re: All that writing for nothing :)

In reply to: All that writing for nothing :)

While such movement of materials, documents, supplies, or even WMD wouldn't surprise me, I have to note that it could have also been movements of valuables intended to be available to Saddam when he escaped the country when the coalition got too close to Bagdad, but he never made it.

An old hat trick for dictators, move money and valuables to "safe deposits" outside the country when they are threatened. Then if they do flee, they can live a rich retirement in some country that won't deport them or just under a manufactured new identity.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
See there?

There IS value in our discussions. I did not know that. I may not still, but it does sound very plausible. I wonder why Saddam didn't anthrax us in the Kuwaiti desert? Dang inscrutable ain't they. And patient. A definite maybe on a scale of one to ten.

One thing's for damn sure, we are infinitely vulnerable and we always will be. The innumerable ways we can be hit are mind boggling. Trying to contain the means of attack is at best a very expensive Sominex. Oh, and an excuse to "girly-man" each other into handing Big Brother our brains and our souls.

Collapse -
Re: See there?

In reply to: See there?

In the unlikely event they consider my brains worth picking, I would be happy to oblige...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-) Me too. Fat chance, huh.

In reply to: Re: See there?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL!

Collapse -
Re: Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11..

A side issue to consider is Bush's credibility in the wake of the "oopsie" re: WMD. Think about it -- if Bush went on TV tonight and announced that he had solid evidence that (Syria/Iran/name a country) had weapons of mass destruction and presented a growing threat, how many people would believe him, other than his die-hard supporters? How many people who believed him last time would buy it again? How many of the other countries who believed it last time would believe it again?

It doesn't even matter whether he knew the truth before we went into Iraq, or how much intel there was supporting the premise. He made the ultimate decision to send the troops in and his credibility is shot in most of the world IMO.

Collapse -
Does it really matter?

In reply to: Re: Whilst the RepNatCon busily doublethink's Iraq to 9/11..

Do you buy the idea that we are helpless in the face of terrorism without help? BTW, we do have a lot of help.

Collapse -
Re: Does it really matter?

In reply to: Does it really matter?

I think we'd do a lot better with help than we would without it, yes. This isn't a "whoever has the most firepower wins" type of war.

Collapse -
Good post. Good information.

Is anybody still buying the "We had to invade Iraq because of 9/11" BS?

I'll admit Iraq was a lot easier to take on (at the time at least) than Iran but that's a poor reason to be the cause of tens of thousands of innocent dead and permanently maimed people, their and ours and those of other countries due to our invasion. It seems to have only served to give the Arabs more cause to promote terrorism. And unfortunate they seem to have an unlimited number of people willing to die for that cause.

I have a feeling Iran will soon become a power to fear and we won't be able to do anything about it.

Have you read Bush Senior's reasons for not going into Iraq at the time of Desert Storm? He was right on the money.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/mil/bushsr-iraq.htm

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.