TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?? Two 32 inch TVs compared. Pls Vote

by kameico102 / February 27, 2007 1:30 AM PST

Both are made by SHARP. Both have 6ms response time. Both have 1200:1 contrast ratio. The only difference is they have different exteriors (tv1 has titanium finish, tv2 has piano black border..i dont really care about the exterior)
TV 1 also has DVI-I whereas TV2 doesnt have one. BUT, TV2 is newer (released December 2006, while TV1 was released in May 2006)... As for price, TV2 is slightly more expensive (about 75-100$ more probably because of the release date)

If given the choice, which would you buy?? See Specs below:

TV #1 (LC32D50U)

HDMI? Input HDMI x 2
HD Component Input x 1
DVI-I Input DVI-I x 1
RS-232C Input 9-pin mini D-Sub x 1
Composite Video Input (A/V) RCA x 3
Audio Inputs RCA L/R x 3

TV #2 (LC32D43U):

HDMI? Input x 2
HD Component Input x 2
RGB D-Sub (PC) Input 15-pin x 1
Composite Video Input RCA x 2
Audio Inputs RCA L/R x 2
Digital Audio Outputs 1

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?? Two 32 inch TVs compared. Pls Vote
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?? Two 32 inch TVs compared. Pls Vote
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The way I look at it, there really is that much different
by ahtoi / February 27, 2007 1:43 AM PST

the difference is tv1 has DVI and tv2 has digital audio. If I am going to use the tv as a monitor, I would go for tv1 because of dvi.

Collapse -
Sound out
by friction_jack / November 26, 2008 3:00 AM PST

If these are the only connections, I would also consider the built-in sound quality when deciding. Will you want 2.1 or 5.1 system? And can you get it from both?

Collapse -
Would this matter?
by Pepe7 / November 26, 2008 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: Sound out

...as the TV won't be outputting/sending out DDPRo, DD or DTS audio, but a set top box or DVD player will. Maybe I'm being daft here, but I'm not aware of any HDTV doing audio pass through, so would it really matter, even with a receiver w/ appropriate digital inputs involved in the equation(?) Most TVs only offer built-in stereo or matrix sound via the built in speakers AFAIK.

cheers,
Pedro [who will no doubt be tweaking the family's A/V gizmos this weekend Wink ]

Collapse -
Does it have to be Sharp?
by jostenmeat / November 26, 2008 6:05 AM PST

I've never seen a Sharp tv that I did not think was absolutely horrible. Just my honest opinion.

However, unless you sit pretty close, maybe having terribly motion or pq will not matter anyways at that screen size.

FWIW, after quick price check, I could double the display area, have better PQ, all at the same price, with a Pana plasma. Just letting you know.

Yeah... I think Sharp has the worst PQ that I've ever seen, though admittedly, I haven't seen em all, so take that with salt.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.