General discussion

Which Would Be Better To Use????

I want to buy a netbook to use as a MP3 player only and was wondering which of the 2 listed below would be better,which has the longer battery life and how long does each one take to charge the battery????
Acer LU.S680B.492-Aspire One D250-1958
Dell Mini 10v 10 XP 1.66GHz N280 160GB BLACK

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Which Would Be Better To Use????
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which Would Be Better To Use????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I don't have those models.

But many disdain the sound quality of all net/lapbooks. But if we get past that, look at the number of hours that you read in reviews.

Here I can plug in external speakers for good enough play. The Acer we have is a prior model and it's ok for me. I do like the idea of the larger hard drive and we did get an emachine from wal mart with the 250gb drive and Windows 7 which we wanted too.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for the reply!!!!

- Collapse -
Battery

About how long will the battery last if I only use this to play and store MP3's????
Also, how long does it take for the battery to recharge????

- Collapse -
Such items are highly variable.

Some can't accept that time on battery power is from 2 to 6 hours depending on use. What I've done is read reviews then take the times they note to use the high and low numbers and take the average. That's been very close to what I get on my machine that I read about in the reviews.

Bob

- Collapse -
External Hard Drive Issue????

I have an external Seagate Free Agent hard drive.
Is there going to be a problem using this with a Acer or Dell
netbook since their computer processor is slower?

- Collapse -
I own

A Seagate Free agent 1.5TB USB hard drive. It's powered by the wall adapter and works fine on both the netbooks the office supplied. I see no reason why the model you noted would have any trouble.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks Again!!!!

Thanks so much for your replies!!!!
It's Greatly appreciated!!!!

- Collapse -
Acer Netbooks are the best.

I would suggest you to go for Acer Aspire one. I blindly believe on the Acer Netbooks as Acer received a 7.5 rating from PC Magazine overall survey (linked), a 7.8 rating in reliability and 15% of their output needed repair (lowest in it's class). Acer Laptop was ranked as the world's No. 4 branded PC vendor. I have bought a acer laptop from acnt in california and I am highly satisfied with that.You can get more information on acer laptops and netbooks from various search engine sites also.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks!!!!
That's what I got!!!!
I got it hooked up so that I can my Bose Music System by itself, with my
desk top computer or my Acer Netbook.
The Bose is AWESOME to us for computer speakers!!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info