General discussion

Which SLR camera should I get?

Getting an SLR camera but can't decide between:

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Which SLR camera should I get?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which SLR camera should I get?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nikon D90 - Canon 60D

Both are very capable cameras.
Here is a link to a direct comparison that shows the differences between the two.
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_60D-vs-Nikon_D90

Each has some advantages over the other.

I would say to go to a camera store and get your hands on both cameras and see which one feels best in your hands.
Then buy that one.

- Collapse -
Just out of curiosity...

...may I ask why you're comparing current gen (Canon 60D) with previous gen (Nikon D90)?

Mark

- Collapse -
Why

Probably because they are the closest in price. The D7000 is a current generation camera, but significantly more than the 60D (as it should be because the D7000 is a more sophisticated camera).

CNET Forums