Question

Which SD card is right?

I just bought the new Sony HX9V and am psyched about it, but will admit that I really don't know much about memory cards. There's standard, ultra, extreme, etc. And lots of different speeds and classes. The Specs for the camera say to get Class 4 or higher. Will any old Class 4 card work without detracting from the quality of the 1080/60p video the camera can take.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Which SD card is right?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which SD card is right?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
SD card

A class 4 card will work OK for still pictures but it is not fast enough for HD video.
The class 4 card will drop frames when recording which will make the video look jumpy when you play it back.

I use the San Disk Ultra for HD video.

- Collapse -
SD card

Thanks for sharing this information. Happy

- Collapse -
Answer
Which SD card is right

Higher class memory cards are best for example a memory card of 8gb -class 6 is better then 16bb -class2.
there are class 2, class 4, class 6 are available in market it depends on your choice. Higher class gives you high performance.

- Collapse -
Answer
Which SD card is right?

Normal

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-style-parent:"";
font-size:10.0pt;"Times New Roman";}

Hi, Right now I use a 2gb SD memory card and 4gb SD card available
in the shops

I think 4 GB SD card comfortable with Sony HX9V because they
give other many

Facility like playing HD Videos, MP4 videos, FLV Large
memory space .

Thanks,

- Collapse -
Answer
Which SD card is right?

Hi, Right now I use a 2gb SD memory card and 4gb SD card availablein the shops I think 4 GB SD card comfortable

with Sony HX9V because theygive other many Facility like playing HD Videos, MP4 videos, FLV Largememory space

etc. .

Thanks,

CNET Forums