Question

Which program do you use to create a website?

Notepad or Microsoft Office Publisher?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Which program do you use to create a website?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which program do you use to create a website?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Care to rephrase the question?

Maybe you meant which would you use?

There are folk that must understand every line of HTML so for those, Notepad is preferred.
For those that just need a site and don't care about the code, the other.
Bob

- Collapse -
Hey

I use neither of these, in my opinion, wordpress is the best platform for creating a blog or website. It's super easy to use one you get the hang of it.

- Collapse -
Answer
Website Creation for new users

Not entirely sure what you are asking for but if your new to website design, I highly suggest using wordpress to learn the ropes. In addition, there are a ton of resources such as tutorials on the web that will guide you through the process. Good luck

- Collapse -
Answer
Notepad

Or at least something similar to it called Sublime Text.

That said, an editor like notepad and a publishing software like publisher are meant for two different audiences and solve two different problems. One requires lots of knowledge if you are planning on writing code, the other is really more for print materials.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
Answer
Notepad for sure

Notepad++ is the best one out there imho.

- Collapse -
Answer
Which program do you use to create a website?

Wordpress, Notepad++, Gedit could be used

- Collapse -
Answer
creating web site

i'll prefer that if you use the wordpress for your new website or blog. or if you're at intial stages then it would be nice between these you should use the notepad cause of the HTML. Don't care about the code it can work there.

- Collapse -
Answer
Program to create a website

Wordpress and Publisher are user-friendly GUI, and if you are expertise at html and php coding you can use GEDIT

- Collapse -
Answer
Website Creation

Neither of these is really helpful in building a good website.I prefer wordpress for building a useful website.

- Collapse -
Answer
ps and dw

PS to make the design image and DW to write the code.

Sometimes, I'll use some online template maker to make a webpage.

- Collapse -
Answer
Raptor Web Designer

I'm using Raptor Web Designer for making website layouts. Coding is good but takes too much time and I don't have time to spend hours working on code, Notepad++ is for good for web programmers but if you are designer and you need control over visual style use something like that.

CNET Forums

Forum Info