Laptops forum

Question

Which one of these PC's is better suited for gaming?

by dinispintocostaa / November 19, 2013 11:19 PM PST

Acer E1-571G-32346G50MNKS
Intel® Core™ i3-2348M 2.4 GHz
6 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 710M
Windows 8 64-bit
430€

Asus K53TK-SX012V
AMD A6-3420M 1.5GHz
4 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
400€

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which one of these PC's is better suited for gaming?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which one of these PC's is better suited for gaming?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I had that A6 at the office and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 11:28 PM PST

I would not consider it except for web, video streaming. Too bad you didn't look at the AMD A10 or A8 which would have me swing to those.

Keep in mind that the 710 GPU is barely there. Games will run but on lower settings. Here the Tosh AMD A10 was nabbed for much less than your 400 euros.
Bob

Collapse -
Yeah, so there's that.
by dinispintocostaa / November 19, 2013 11:31 PM PST

Totally forgot specifying that these are laptops.

Collapse -
(NT) Actually you did by choosing a laptop forum.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 11:36 PM PST
In reply to: Yeah, so there's that.
Collapse -
:facepalm:
by dinispintocostaa / November 19, 2013 11:40 PM PST

But which one do you think is the least worst of the two?

Collapse -
I see I answered that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 11:55 PM PST
In reply to: :facepalm:

While I would suggest you keep shopping, the one with the 710 gpu wins but a gamer will be upset by running on low settings for most things.

The Asus k55n is less then 400 euro here and would be far better on games than either of those plus you could boost the performance again by adding the second 4GB memory stick.

I don't know where you are shopping but it's a shame you are considering the models you listed as the usual gamer would get such, be upset (doesn't matter which of the two you lead with) and then be upset with everyone involved.
Bob

Collapse -
I understand
by dinispintocostaa / November 20, 2013 12:07 AM PST
In reply to: I see I answered that.

The budget I have is kind of low for where I'm shopping, Portugal.
I've been trying to find a good laptop for weeks and it has come down to these two. Since I also need the laptop for university it's a emergency to get it, better sooner than later.
I have my desktop in home for gaming anyway, the laptop to kill time more than anything else. Happy
I'm really thankful for your answer. Happy

Collapse -
400 euro isn't that low.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: I understand
Collapse -
I wish!
by Zouch / November 22, 2013 7:15 PM PST

You are right Bob, that's the exchange rate but sadly, IT outside of the USA is marked up indecently! In the UK, it's not much better than pounds for US Dollars against and exchange rate of around 1.6 and in Australia, it's even worse, for example, the XBox One is selling at about an exchange rate of 1.20 against a money market rate of 1.06.

You are right, though, either of those machines will be a disappointment for a gamer - I'd try to find an Asus too.

Collapse -
And why not get your wish.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2013 12:20 AM PST
In reply to: I wish!
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.