TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Which one ?

by ljwoods / April 27, 2006 5:24 AM PDT

Hi guy I'm a newbie to this forum could you guy please help me out with this question. which one will give me the best and clearer sound for movie and music cd. The Pioneer VSX-1015TXK with the Harman Kardon HKTS-14 speaker's or the pioneer and ONKYO SKS-HT240 speaker's. I need some expert help,I try to ask one of the Experted at this C/NET site but got no help, maybe it because they review speaker's and receiver's and can't say what they really think. I need the Expert's of this Forum Please. thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which one ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which one ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
NONE OF THE ABOVE
by stewart norrie / April 27, 2006 7:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Which one ?

My advice is to buy from a componey that makes only speakers hi quality spwakers like Klipsch, Polk, Atlantic Technology etc etc Also speakers are a personal thing So Its best to take along your favorite c.d. or d.v.d. movie and find a store that has a demo room so you can compare. You might want to check out a hi-end vidio store they usually have great demo rooms, Remember great speakers will last a lifetime and keep there value Just take your time In closing I bought my Atlantic Technology 4200 5.1 speaker system 7 months ago they were expensive but worth every penny I paid for them Anyway keep us posted and good luck to you have a nice day stewart

Collapse -
I AGREE TOTALLY ON THIS POINT...............
by Riverledge / April 27, 2006 8:01 AM PDT
In reply to: NONE OF THE ABOVE

BUY SPEAKERS from "speaker only" manufacturers.
Some suggestions include, ENERGY,MIRAGE,POLK,KLIPSCH,PARADIGM,JBL,and BOSTON ACOUSTICS. There are many others as well.
I like many of SONY's electronic products, but would never consider buying their speakers. Nor would I purchase a plasma television from a computer company.(read: GATEWAY)

good shopping, river.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) JBL's and Infinity's are made by Harmon Kardon
by gabereyes / April 27, 2006 3:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Which one ?
Collapse -
JBL, Infinity, and Harman/Kardon are separate
by randombananaleaf / April 27, 2006 5:02 PM PDT

JBL and Infinity speakers are not made by Harman/Kardon. In fact, all three companies are part of Harman International (your confusion is understandable), but are essentially independent companies, along with a couple of dozen others.

As for sound quality, speakers from JBL and Infinity are not launched until they beat every competitor (at a similar price point of course) in blind listening tests. No other company in the industy does this. In fact, most don't have the technical ability to do so even if they wanted to--even the so-called "speaker only companies".

Just because they only make speakers doesn't mean they're good at it! Mostly it means they are small companies with scarce resourses, who buy off-the-shelf drivers and slap 'em nice looking boxes. Since Harman is a multi-billion dollar corporation, they can afford to invest in innovative and from-the-ground-up driver design, which translates into better performance--less distortion, smoother frequency response, etc.

Collapse -
ITS HARD TO NICK PICK ABOUT QUALITY SPEAKERS
by stewart norrie / April 28, 2006 6:50 AM PDT

I spent so much time, going all over the bay area shopping for that perfect 5.1 sound I finally chose A Atlantic Technology speaker system and after 6 months I still get goose bumps when I listen to these puppies. But the reason I bought these is because I had 2 Klipsch 5.5. main Academy center, 2 bose souround and 2 cerwin vega sat6 rear and a infinty 15" sub. Yes these were all quality speakers But because they were mismatched. there was no 7.1 effect you could hear sound coming from the speakers but that was it. Now the sound is totally involving you feel you are in the movie, And yes other top end speakers may sound better I dont know But I do say that any top end speaker will give you a lifetime of pleasure and give you a thrill ever time you listen to them good day stewart

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.