General discussion

Which Nikon is the best to get?

I am wanting to get a Nikon SLR and was wondering what people suggested. One of the reasons that I am sticking with Nikon is because I have a small fortune in lenses from my N80

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Which Nikon is the best to get?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which Nikon is the best to get?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Hmm....the best

The best Nikon would be the Nikon D3x.

- Collapse -
I should have added

If you plan on doing sports, wildlife, or a lot of low light then the D3s would be the best.

- Collapse -
Out doors

90% of what I do is outdoors.

- Collapse -
nikon choice

For studio work, D3x is the best. For sports, D3s is the best. If these are too expensive, then D700 is the next step down. These full frame models are more similar to the old 35mm. If you choose the APS C size cameras, then you will loose some wide end of your lenses due to the cropped factor. You probably don't want to choose anything less than a D90.

CNET Forums

Forum Info