Question

Which laptop is best for freelancing this 2019?

What laptop would you recommend for start up freelancers like me for 2019?

Promotional link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on December 31, 2018 4:05 AM PST

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Which laptop is best for freelancing this 2019?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which laptop is best for freelancing this 2019?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: laptop

That really depends on what kind of freelancing work you're planning to do. So let me say: the same (type of) laptop that an employer would provide for his employees doing that kind of work.

- Collapse -
Answer
Kees is correct.

In some shops, you get an Apple. Others don't care.

- Collapse -
Answer
metal, compact, good battery

Whatever you do, don't click "answer this" after you are almost done with your response because it deletes everything... (CNET that's gotta be a bug right?)

Here's how I got my computer for my freelance gig:

I went into your local big box computer store and asked the nerdiest looking employee in the computer section how to get the most laptop bang for my buck. They don't work on commission and also those stores don't even make money on the laptops. All the margin is in accessories.

Anyways, I like my inspiron 13 because it is compact, has a solid metal case, and has good battery life.

Just my two cents.

- Collapse -
Answer
TOP 10 LAPTOPS FOR FREELANCERS

1. HP 255 G4 – (Best Budget Buy)
2. Dell Inspiration 15-5559 – (Best Performance Buy)
3. Toshiba Portege Z30-C-138
4. Lenovo ThinkPad X240
5. Lenovo B51-80
6. Apple MacBook Pro
7. Fujitsu Lifebook E736
8. HP Envy
9. Dell XPS – (Best Overall Buy)
10. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

- Collapse -
Answer
Acer or Apple

Try Acer if you are bit low in budget or go for have Apple MacBook Pro