Laptops forum

Question

Which Laptop brand should i go for !!!

by eyan2013 / May 30, 2013 7:36 AM PDT

Hey,

I'm in a pickle I've never been this confused buying a laptop. At first, i had my eyes on the Samsung Series 3 N350 and someone suggested i should keep my options open and look for something like Dell or Sony and after hours of Google-ing i need help BIG TIME !!!

Which brand would you go for and why ?
Sony or Dell Or Samsung.

Also, is it worth buying a touch-based laptops and correct me if i'm wrong but, i don't think it wise to go for a i7 (unless strictly for gaming purpose) in my theory the faster the processing speed, the more it heats and more the laptop life span decreases.

Here's my budget :
In Indian Rupees 40-50000 INR (Indian Rupee) ,
In dollars 710-880 $ ,
In Pounds 467-580 £.

I'm searching for a laptop with a better build and design quality ,my main line of work relies on PS(Photoshop) and AE (After Effects) with an addition to keep up with latest gaming for keeps Wink anything that's super fast and has a lot of storage like 1TB.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Laptop brand should i go for !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Laptop brand should i go for !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is this the model?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 30, 2013 7:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
Something more like this
by eyan2013 / May 30, 2013 7:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this the model?

Thanks bob Happy i'll look into it .

This was the Samsung laptop i had in mind http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook/essential/NP350V5C-S04IN

I'm not sure if that link would take you there buy here are the specs

Model number : NP350V5C-S04IN
Processor : Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3210M (2.50GHz, 3MB L3 Cache).
Memory : 4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1,600MHz (4GB x 1)
Graphics : AMD Radeon™ HD7670M 2GB DDR3
HDD : 1TB S-ATA II Hard Drive (5,400RPM)

Collapse -
Very nice model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 30, 2013 8:02 AM PDT

It's a bit more than what I noted but my kid seems to be playing games and more on the model I noted but the one you linked to is better for your gamer crowd.
Bob

Collapse -
Lovely
by eyan2013 / May 30, 2013 8:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Very nice model.

Thanks again ,

LoL i'm sorry i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but i prefer playing games on a 360 i know i know i'm lame but mehh !!! i like it full screen and 1080 P.

Coming back, in your opinion on a better brand do you think Samsung is good at making laptops that last long. I had a horrible experience with HP boy what a mistake that was.

I'm just a little concerned on how Samsung makes it laptops i did tons of research everything points to older posts dates like 2010 or 2011.

Dell is know for faster speed and Sony for better design and lol now i have Asus to think after

Dame i didn't know it was this hard getting a laptop.

Collapse -
I didn't find dell was for speed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 30, 2013 8:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Lovely

I find most designs are from Intel or AMD and the makers just polish it with their own stuff. That samsung also sports a quick resume that is quite nice. I have this Samsung rc512 and I would buy it again.

Sony on their better models seem to show me a better screen but what you noted is a fine screamer.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sony vaio
by PlanetMyHero / June 1, 2013 5:14 PM PDT

Sony or Dell Or Samsung: on these 3 brands, i suggest Sony, one of the best laptop brands.

For your budget, you can go to: Dell Inspiron or Sony Vaio
other brands:
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 - 13 inch
ASUS VivoBook S400CA-DH51T 14-Inch

Collapse -
Answer
I wouldn't concentrate on brands.
by orlbuckeye / June 4, 2013 10:02 PM PDT

But concentrate on models. Typically a 500 laptop of any brand isn't built as good as a 1500 laptop from any brand. Remember none of the components inside a laptop are made by the company whose name is on the outside except maybe MSI or Asus.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!