General discussion

Which Is The Better Laptop Of These Two?

I bought the first one last week from Best Buy. It was on special for $599. It`s now more expensive. This week, the second laptop is on special for the same price as the one I just bought. I was wondering if I should return the laptop in the first link and exchange it for the laptop in the second link, considering they are the same price. The laptop in the second link appears to have better specs, and specifically a better processor.

Laptop 1:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/toshiba-toshiba-satellite-14-laptop-featuring-amd-athlon-ii-dual-core-processor-p340-l645d-020-blue-l645d-020/10155091.aspx?path=4963b1ecff0614dccf9ddb53f2a5629een02

Laptop 2:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-15-6-laptop-featuring-amd-phenom-ii-triple-core-processor-n850-g62-348ca-biscotti-g62-348ca/10154700.aspx?path=e2ebf336a4341a5c2ffa3eb868be9710en02&lid=fp-10154700-hewlettpackardhp156laptopfeatu-en

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Which Is The Better Laptop Of These Two?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Which Is The Better Laptop Of These Two?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not a bad machine but

Given the AMD cores I worry about heat. Try this. Go to best buy after lunch so the demo units have been on a few hours. See if the unit's heat on the palm rest or keys offends you.

I have the hp g62-149wm and it's ok. I hope they can cure a lockup bug with USB transfers some day.
Bob

- Collapse -
followup

is your concern for the heat on the HP laptop (2nd link) or first one? Does the second one indeed have better specs?

- Collapse -
Only one link worked.

And the other indicated the AMD as well. I'm sticking to my advice to check the unit for heat that can upset some folk.

CNET Forums

Forum Info