Cameras forum

General discussion

which is the best and fast digital camera with auto features

by gsinghjk / November 8, 2009 10:17 AM PST

Hi - I am not a professional photographer but would liket to take excellent quality pictures for day to day usage - my camera has to be very fast to not miss anything. Some folks recommended DSLR Nikon D90 which I am happy to buy if that is the only option. However, some suggested I may want to go for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 which may do the job too. I would rarely use any manual features on these cameras and videos have limited interest right now.

Any epxert advise will be highly apprecaited.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: which is the best and fast digital camera with auto features
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: which is the best and fast digital camera with auto features
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Digital Camera
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 8, 2009 11:49 AM PST

You are looking for a camera that will take excellent quality photographs with a minimum of fuss and bother.

There are many such cameras but you do need some knowledge of photography to improve your success rate of getting good pictures.

Digital Cameras do very well in Auto Mode, but Auto Mode can not anticipate all circumstances.
That is why so many people end up with some blurred photos and poorly exposed photos.
A camera in Auto Mode has its limitations and it you are not aware what they are, you will get a percentage of bad pictures.

The Panasonic FZ35 is a fine camera and can take excellent photos.
If you just want to shoot in Auto, there is no need to get a DSLR camera.
A DSLR camera is all about fuss and bother.

Collapse -
DSLR subsitute
by kalel33-20416052469708587370302374692233 / November 10, 2009 3:55 AM PST
In reply to: Digital Camera
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.