Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Which is better for watching video? The Zune or iPod?

I love my music but I also want my MP3 player to have good video playback and a nice clean quality to it. Basically, it comes down to the ipod and zune. The Zune has .5 inches bigger screen which interests me, but is it good? Which one has better video playback? Give me some advice please! Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which is better for watching video? The Zune or iPod?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which is better for watching video? The Zune or iPod?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The short answer is the Zune

In reply to: Which is better for watching video? The Zune or iPod?

I took a look at it in the store and that extra .5 inches does make a difference. Only thing is - where are you going to get video content? The Zune Marketplace isn't offering videos yet. If you're planning on purchasing video content, that's the only way you can go. If your video content isn't constrained by DRM, then you should be okay as long as its a supported file type. I'm not too familiar with that.

I have a video iPod. The only video I watch on it is stuff that I either purchased or got for free on iTunes. It was very easy to get on my iPod and I thought the video quality was good. The screen is too small, though. I didn't buy it primarily for the video. It would be interesting to see what Apple puts out in a couple of months - the much rumored "true" video iPod.

Collapse -
conversion softwear

when I bought my Ipod i bought this program online and it takes pretty much any video and makes it playable on your ipod. I think it was called the PQ somethin but it was like $30 and now i got a bunch of videos of limewire and a DVD on my Ipod. and if you have an Ipod you can get a bunch of free content at google video.

Collapse -
I don't know

Apple has had 6 years of experience making the ipod better, but microsoft is the worlds largest software company. Each player has its pros and cons,

-ipod has the easiest music purchasing seervice of all players
-zune supports wmv, one of the most common video codecs

you'll have to decide which is better for you on this one

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!