PC Hardware forum

Tip

Which GTX780 to take?

by captainmikou / January 1, 2014 4:30 AM PST

Hi everybody;

So first of all i would like to wish everyone a happy new year!! :).

Then i also would like to say that i am French and so please apologize the mistakes i may make :).

So here is my question:

I am going to buy really soon a whole new PC, just for gaming, please find the configuration i am likely to choose here:

http://www.ldlc-pro.com/navigation/recherche2.html?motcle=780&cat=140013&etape=2&etendu=1

But i am facing difficulties to choose a graphic cards.
I am already sure that i want to take either a GTX780 or a GTX780 Ti, but i really do not know how to deal with the brands.

I have already been advised to choose the GTX780 GLH by Gainward, then I looked again how powerful is the GTX780 Ti, actually more than the Titan, how cool is that?!

And so here I am again... Really not knowing what to choose. The price is not really a problem, i mean no i will not buy a 900€ (1200$) GTX Titan but even if you tell me to choose the 780 Ti I still have problems to choose the brand...

So for a 780, which one would you take?
Same question for a 780 Ti?

Thanking you in advance and I wish you a good day Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which GTX780 to take?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which GTX780 to take?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's a place you can see a good selection of GTX 780
by VAPCMD / January 1, 2014 7:03 AM PST
In reply to: Which GTX780 to take?
Collapse -
Thx
by captainmikou / January 1, 2014 7:40 AM PST

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and for the link, but it's really nothing but a shop with opinion of random guys ^^.
I mean i have already seen tons of them. My problem is more that it is really hard for me to understand how big the differences are, for exemple for the EVGA cards, between the cooling systems suggested.
As a personal advice, what would you recommend? I am more seeking personal opinions of professional, maybe like you.

Thanking you in advance, have a good day.

Collapse -
Brand name.
by Bob__B / January 1, 2014 9:33 AM PST
In reply to: Which GTX780 to take?
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.