Cameras forum

General discussion

which digital cam would be appropriate for this?

i take pics at parties and concerts. its usually very low light. i use a easyshare 2.0 megapixel that has to be 3+ years old. i need something better.
my concerns are:
-great color quality
-brighter flash
-impressive low-light use without flash (adjustable iso?)
-auto focus
-doesnt break easily like Sony stuff
-preferably a 2+ inch LCD
thanks for any suggestions

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: which digital cam would be appropriate for this?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: which digital cam would be appropriate for this?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fujifilm F30

In reply to: which digital cam would be appropriate for this?

The Fujifilm F30 is a great camera that fits all of your needs. Especially for low light shots.

Read C-net reviews about the Fujifilm F30. Are you looking for a small compact to fit in your pocket or do you like a bigger camera? If you like bigger, then Snapshot2 could help you better. I am not an expert or anything like that.

Snapshot, what do you think?

Collapse -
Fujifilm

In reply to: Fujifilm F30

Right now, Fujifilm F30 is still the best choice for low light.
(actually the best choice is a camera that cost about $1,500)

For larger zoom and low light, look at Fujifilm S6500fd or S9100.

Collapse -
Low light photo

In reply to: which digital cam would be appropriate for this?

If you want great color and photo in low light, DSLR is the best choice. I use the Canon 30D with EF-S 17-55 mm f/2.8 IS, and if you need more zoom use the 70-200 mm f/2.8 IS. Canon has the best high ISO performance and these zoom lens have the best performance and versatility with the 30D. Prime lens with even wider aperture will even be better in very low light. Nikon also has a nice selection of camera bodies and lens. But all these are bulky and costly equipment. For point and shoot cameras, Fujifilm probably is your best bet in low light. I'm not too familiar with the new point and shoot cameras. Snapshot2 will certainly have some great advice for you.

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: Low light photo

thank you so much.
i was not looking for any zoom lense nor to spend more than $300. so i guess i'm looking for a point and shoot camera. i'd want it to auto focus. maybe they all do.
so the above model cameras still apply?

Collapse -
I too suggest the F30

In reply to: thanks

Fujifilm F30 is the best available low light camera supporting ISO settings upto 3200.. It also takes really good clear photos.. I recommend that for you purpose.. I guess the F30 should be the appropriate camera that would fulfill your requirements.. And it comes for around $230 !!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.