HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Which Dell Axim?

by mitch19901990 / October 17, 2006 6:02 AM PDT

I'm looking for a PDA which I would be able to listen to music on, read ebooks on, surf the net and be able to check my emails. I was looking at the Dell Axims (mainly the x30 and the x50) and they all look pretty good. I was wondering which one everyone else thinks is the best?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Dell Axim?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Dell Axim?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Best = Axim X51v, but...
by John.Wilkinson / October 17, 2006 6:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Which Dell Axim?

The X30 and X50 lines are both considered obsolete, being replaced by the X51 line over a year ago. Then, if you want the best, you'd look at the X51v, their top-of-the-line model with a 624MHz processor, VGA display, multimedia accelerator, etc. However, the question is do you want to pay for the best?

John

Collapse -
How come...
by mitch19901990 / October 17, 2006 9:39 AM PDT

I was looking at that one too but I saw that it had gotten alot of bad reviews so that really turned me off.

Collapse -
Mostly before the ROM updates...
by John.Wilkinson / October 17, 2006 10:10 AM PDT
In reply to: How come...

After its launch there were a lot of complaints, mostly due to issues between WM5 and the device hardware. However, a series of ROM updates, available for free through Dell's website, fixed most of the problems making it a solid option and one of the best PDAs available.

John

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.