PC Hardware forum

Question

Which DDR4 RAM is compatible with the ASRock Z370 TaiChi?

I am brand new to PC gaming and PC builds, but like with most things I am not familiar with, I'm jumping in and giving it my best shot. I am buying the parts here and there and currently I have the motherboard I have is the ASRock Z370 TaiChi. The DDR4 RAM I was recommended is the G. Skillz 16gb DDR4 RAM cards, I am curious of what to look for when selecting RAM because the individual who suggested the G. Skillz wasn't very informative, instead he was just trying to tell me something to get so that I can build without telling me what to look for which is what I asked. I looked up the specifications of my motherboard and saw that it supports DDR4 4333+ (OC) and I am wondering, does the "4333+" mean that it supports 4000MHz ram and more or what exactly it means? I know RAM is expensive and I'm probably overthinking this, because I'm known to that, but I really don't want the G. Skillz, it's RGB and that's not something I care for, it's also $180 on Amazon and I'm curious as to if I can find another DDR4 16gb of RAM for cheaper (even if it's not by much), that performs just as well if not better and doesn't have RGB. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you to all who take the time to read and help me out with my concerns.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which DDR4 RAM is compatible with the ASRock Z370 TaiChi?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which DDR4 RAM is compatible with the ASRock Z370 TaiChi?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What cpu

In reply to: Which DDR4 RAM is compatible with the ASRock Z370 TaiChi?

Are you installing?

Collapse -
The CPU

In reply to: What cpu

Intel i7-8700K.

Collapse -
Here's what you want

In reply to: The CPU

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.