Cameras forum

General discussion

Which Camera Should I Take on Vacation????

by jijo272 / April 17, 2010 7:45 AM PDT

I'm going to Utah, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. I have a Canon G9 which I love, but I only use the Automatic functions. I also have a smaller Fuji finepix F70 EXR which I got last Christmas.

Anyone with the Fuji or Canon G9 have any preferences?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Camera Should I Take on Vacation????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Camera Should I Take on Vacation????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why not take both?
by hjfok / April 17, 2010 8:07 AM PDT

If one runs out of battery, malfunctions or gets lost, then you will have the other one at hand.

I typically take 3 or more cameras on a trip. You are going on a very scenic trip and your cameras are quite light weight and very portable, why not take them both?

Have fun!

Collapse -
Why not take both...
by jijo272 / April 17, 2010 11:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Why not take both?

You are right.

I also had a thought....The Canon G9 has a viewfinder which would be helpful in the bright light - but having a spare that I'm familiar with is certainly a good idea.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Plan on taking lots of photos.
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 18, 2010 12:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Why not take both...

Zion and Bryce are wonderful places for anyone with a camera.
Take the walking trip down to the bottom of Bryce.

If you have the time, go a bit south and see the North rim of the Grand Canyon.

And yes ... take both cameras.

Collapse -
Walking tour
by jijo272 / April 18, 2010 12:52 AM PDT

Thanks for the information Snapshot but I might take that walking tour if I was about 20 years younger....... I'm afraid my pictures will be taken from the top or bottom - if I can get there by car.

We did see the Grand Canyon on our trip to Sedona - so that's covered.

I've heard Zion and Bryce are spectacular.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?