TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Which branded 3d tv is best in terms of performance?

by spran54 / June 21, 2011 7:01 PM PDT

Among the multiple 3d tv brands in market, which is best?
Hard to judge.
What your experience and knowledge says I would love to know that in the same reference. Best in terms of performance, looking, price etc?..
Please share your experience.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which branded 3d tv is best in terms of performance?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which branded 3d tv is best in terms of performance?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Best branded 3d tv...
by Qaium098 / June 21, 2011 9:24 PM PDT

Well i would say performance wise Samsung is good enough, you can think about it.
But LG also launched its best ever FPR 3d tv with many additional superiority.
Better if you can take a demo of both the brands 3d tv and then make your decision.

Collapse -
Best 3d tv brand.
by spran54 / June 22, 2011 3:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Best branded 3d tv...

I too heard from some source about the FPR 3d tv and if i am not wrong it's a LG 3d tv, isn't it?
But don't have enough knowledge about the fpr 3d tv.

And yeah one of friends also owning the Samsungs 3d tv and she's very happy with that...but sometimes she reports a problem of flicker in her tv and she also advised me that continue your search beyond the Samsung.

She also advised me to consider LGs 3d tv but I'm in doubt.

Collapse -
Answer
Panasonic Plasma
by Dan Filice / June 22, 2011 4:01 PM PDT

I had the opportunity to spend some extended time with a Panasonic 3D Plasma, and it was fantastic. Once I was done watching 3D, watching regular HDTV was better than what I've seen on many LED and LCD sets, The problem with those is that they are rated at 240Hz, which to me make non-3D look weird (look up Soap Opera Effect).

Collapse -
Panasonic 3d tv
by spran54 / June 23, 2011 4:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Panasonic Plasma

As you said you're using the Panasonic 3d tv, may in know flicker is there in your 3d tv set or not.
Or which 3d technology you got in 3d set?

Collapse -
Panasonic 3D TV
by Dan Filice / June 24, 2011 2:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Panasonic 3d tv

The Panasonic 3D TV was not my TV. I own two Panasonic non-3D Plasma TVs. The Panasonic 3D TV I was watching was a newer Viera 3D TV. I saw no flicker. The Panny Plasma is simply refreshing the Plasma gas, which is different than how LED or LCD do the refreshing. I was using 3D glasses that had batteries. A bit clunky, but the result was very good. To me, the Panny Plasma looked much better for watching regular HDTV channels too. The LED/LCD that are 240Hz drive me nuts. The two Panasonic Plasma TVs that I own are not 3D. I personally do not care for the LED/LCD sets that are 240Hz. But that's just my opinion.

Collapse -
Answer
Which branded 3D TV is best in trms of performance?
by rajhansvandana / June 22, 2011 7:23 PM PDT

I feel 3D TV can only be judged through the Technology used...and these days FPR Tech is on top...

FPR is delivering amazing features which conventional technology is not able to deliver...

Like:

2D To 3D Conversion, Flicker Free, High-Brightness, Comfortable Glasses, etc..

Thus, I would suggest that those 3D TVs which are advanced with FPR Tech should be taken into consideration...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!