Phones forum

General discussion

which bluetooth headset to buy?

by 64068 / April 12, 2008 6:20 PM PDT

I'm looking for a new bluetooth. It will be working with a Sanyo Katana II. I tried the Jawbone because it was top-rated. While the sound was really good, it never felt secure on my ear. It always felt as though it was ready to fall off. I tried all the ear loops and ear gels provided. It was bad enough that I returned it.
So, here's what I'm looking at: Samsung WEP-500, Motorola H12, Blueant Z9 and Jabra JX-10 Series II. I would prefer a headset that fits firmly in the ear and requires no ear loop. Needless to say, I'm looking for good sound quality. I like the size of the first 3, but I've heard the Jabra accepts the ear gels from the old wired headset and those fit me great. I'm just concerned how far from my ear it would extend with those attached.
Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: which bluetooth headset to buy?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: which bluetooth headset to buy?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Other bluetooth suggestion
by skinnyflip / April 15, 2008 11:12 AM PDT

I suggest looking at either the Sennheiser VMX 100 or Platronics 510 because it has the over the ear design and noise reduction technology. I currently own the Sennheiser and it's really been good to me so far and majority owners of the Sennheiser VMX 100 have also showed a liking to it. For the Sennheiser VMX 100, there's no earbud that goes in your ear which makes it alot comfortable then the other bluetooth out there. If not that then the Platronics 510 looks really promising from it's user reviews....But if you were choosing from your three, I'd get the Jabra JX-10 Series II. I've had the Jabra JX-10 and was very satisfied with it, especially with the ear gel and how durable it's been, but that didn't have noise reduction as the series II.

Collapse -
thanks, but no earloop
by 64068 / April 15, 2008 11:34 AM PDT

Thank you for your comments. I had not considered the Sennheiser. I will look into that. I will also keep the Jabra on my list.
Perhaps I left the wrong impression on fit, though. I am trying to avoid the earloop and I would prefer something with an ear gel that goes into the ear firmly. I know that's the opposite of many people, but that's what works for me.

Collapse -
Two other suggestions
by skinnyflip / April 16, 2008 5:24 PM PDT
In reply to: thanks, but no earloop
Collapse -
Headset Question
by alsantoro / April 17, 2008 4:29 AM PDT

After looking at the Jawbone and Blue Ant Z9 myself, I rescently purchased the Motorola H12 and like it very much. I find it very light weight and comfortable and the sound quality is quite good. It also has a charging/Carry case for travel and a desk charger for home / office.

I do suggest that before you settle on any headset, check with your phone or device mfgr. to assure compatability. I purchased mine for a Blackberry 8100 Pearl and it works very well.

Good Luck

Collapse -
Thanks!
by 64068 / April 21, 2008 3:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Headset Question

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the input. Now I just have to check compatibility with my phone, as you suggest.

Collapse -
One more suggestion
by skinnyflip / April 22, 2008 9:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

Hey you might want to check out the BlueAnt V12 LCD. It has noise reduction capability and has an LCD screen on it so you could check your bluetooth on who's calling. Happy

Collapse -
Thanks
by 64068 / April 22, 2008 1:29 PM PDT
In reply to: One more suggestion

Thanks. I'll give that a look. Although, I haven't figured out how to read that screen if it's in my ear. Wink

Collapse -
Found one yet?
by skinnyflip / May 12, 2008 5:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks
Collapse -
interesting...
by 64068 / May 13, 2008 11:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Found one yet?

I have not yet ordered one. I've been having a little trouble making up my mind. I was leaning toward the JX10. The JX20 is very interesting. That could tip the scales. Thanks!

Collapse -
Possible Option
by skinnyflip / May 20, 2008 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: interesting...

Just something worth looking at till the Jabra JX20 comes out...It's the Sound ID 300, will be coming out in August 2008. According the the specs and how it was made it'll be a good competitor to the JX20...

http://www.soundid.com/home.html

Collapse -
Thanks
by 64068 / May 27, 2008 7:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Possible Option

Thanks again. An interesting option. Wish I'd read it before I left for the Memorial Day weekend. I was in Indy and they have Fry's out there. We do not where I live. Fry's is one of their business partners.

Collapse -
Bought one yet?
by skinnyflip / September 24, 2008 10:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

Hey the soundid300 is delayed. So did you purchase any bluetooth headset? Right now I'm using the Jabra BT530. I gave it a review and also replied to it showing a site with other bluetooth headsets and audio samples.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?