Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

by Glenda / May 5, 2005 12:55 AM PDT

the youngest and her family just left this morning! Catching my breath now! LOL! Three little boy's 10 and under are a handful!! I don't know if I was happier to see them come, or happier to see them go!! Absolutely wore Grandpa & Grandma out!!
Of course they came with a pre planned menu of what Grandma had to fix for dinner, The first night was Fried Chicken the next night was supposed to be Tacos, but they settled for Taco salad! A lot easier! And then came Chicken fried steaks! The middle one A.J.asked if I was the Queen of frying!! LOL
Last night I made the choice for dinner and it was a Pork roast on the rotisserie!! Really easy! Happy
We went thru almost 5 dozen eggs here along with pancakes and French toast for breakfast!! I thought we had a nightmare and were back in the Restaurant business again! LOL!
This house is going to feel really quiet and lonely for few days!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Whew!!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Whew!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Know the feeling
by TONI H / May 5, 2005 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

Six days and nights of the oldest and youngest daughter with seven grandkids all under 8 except one (12) was rough here as well. Had great weather and 23 acres that they hiked all over though so days weren't too bad.....it was the nights with the fighting over who was going to lay next to who to watch tv (most agreed on the show to watch at least or a dvd movie) and then listen to the fights all over again over who would lay next to who on the air mattresses for sleeping.

I did only a small amount of the cooking for the 'favorites' the daughters wanted and can't make themselves (easy stuff like chipped beef on toast.....NOT military SOS with hamburger balls, thank you very much).

I had set up my W98SE backup system and installed a bunch of games and stuff for them so they all took turns on that, too.....and had a new system built and ready to go home with the oldest granddaughter, Sam. She's the one who used to come all summer and winter before she started going to school and knew how to use the trackball mouse to play her games, sing her songs, and read/color her books on the PC by the time she was 2-1/2. The one game she remembered and loved the most I still had floating around here on a cd and wanted it again so I installed it before she left on her system. It was already on the W98 backup system and the kids all loved it so much (it's called DXBALL...the original that was free....and is a breakout type game with about a hundred levels) that I put it on cd's for all of them to install on their own computers (I built those too) when they got home.

Happy to see them arrive.......happy to see them go home. LOL

TONI

Collapse -
Same here:))
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 1:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Know the feeling

We had kids on both PC's and another one on the Playstation!! The SIL had to fight with the kids to get on any thing! We set up the pool, They went to the Southwest Mesa Museum. Went to Aunt Linda's to shoot guns and bows and arrows:) April came over with her two babies, that kept them all busy for a while:) All in all I think they had a good time:) You however had a few more in the house this time than I did:) You should see what happens when James and Sheila both come at the same time and their sisters bring their families over too! LOL! We sit inside, outside and anyplace there is an opening to eat dinner! LOL!
When we all get together we have 12 Grandchildren, two of the Grand kids are married and bring their Wife/ Husbands, and then the four kids with their spouses and the 2 Great Grandkids and two more Greats on the way! One due at any time and the other due about November!! We are a prolific bunch:)

Collapse -
DX BALL!!!?!! It's one of my all time favorites!
by MarciaB / May 5, 2005 1:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Know the feeling

Haven't ever heard any one else mention it. I have one of the full versions with a kazillion extra levels added to it. Some of those levels are pretty dang hard to make it through (I have all the high scores. Could have something to do with the fact that I am about the only one that ever plays it anymore Wink )

Hey, did you know that one of the main "cheats" is that when you first start a level you can type in the word EUREKA. This will allow you to drop as many "tool icons" as you wish just by pressing the space bar. The only thing that this cheat screws up is that you cannot save a score. It is fun for the little ones, however, as they can really get things moving Wink

Collapse -
if the zip file for yours is called
by TONI H / May 5, 2005 2:13 AM PDT

DXBall19.exe that's the one I have with a black icon....I actually beat the game ONCE and when you normally get to the screen to put in your name after the fireworks crap for winning, the screen locked up and I could never prove I beat it. Realllllllly ticked me off. lol

The newer one after that only had a couple of levels to it, had a white icon, and I found a cheat code for it in order to license it years ago so I now have the full game. That was back in my 'pirate' everything in sight days....but I kept that one for sure.

TONI

Collapse -
So, what's yer point, Lady? ;)
by MarciaB / May 5, 2005 1:36 AM PDT

See, you have to remember that none of my young'uns have left home yet (planning to kick Orion out by the first of September Wink --- shhhh, don't tell him!)

I still head to my folks' 45 miles north with ideas in mind of what I want to eat. Things like Bisquits and gravy, wilted lettuce salad (it's a fresh garden thing for us), creamed peas and new potatoes, and a whole slew of other yummies that only really taste good if Mom makes them Grin

Collapse -
Aha!!!!!!!!
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 1:41 AM PDT

You are one of the brats:) Just wait your turn is coming:) Post back in a few years! I can't wait to see you with a house full of Grandkids:)

Collapse -
Never off the hook Sue ...
by Evie / May 5, 2005 1:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Aha!!!!!!!!

... you'll cook whether you visit me or I visit you LOL Happy Rest up for your visit to the Son and clan in a month or so! Look on the bright side, at least now Jim can enjoy your cooking again!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
LOL! So true! So.......
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 1:47 AM PDT

Do you and Hubby have your menus already planned for me again?? I know James does!! And Jim has been making up for lost time:) He is getting a little pot belly again:) So good to see him getting "Fat" again:)
Sue

Collapse -
Are you the one who
by TONI H / May 5, 2005 1:47 AM PDT

bought a house recently for the first time? If so, enjoy it while you can.....once the grandkids start showing up, the house is wrecked on a regular basis because grandparents let them do anything they want knowing they are going home soon. LOL

TONI

Collapse -
This is going to be.......
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Are you the one who

so much fun when Marcia has Grandkids and we can remind her how nice it was to have a neat tidy house at one time:)
I have at least a weeks worth of cleaning to catch up on:) Already found one sock, a package of crayons, two movies and still looking for what was left behind:) Soon it will go in a box to mail off to them:)

Collapse -
OK, you two!!!
by MarciaB / May 5, 2005 2:07 AM PDT

#1 - my house is never "neat and tidy" beyond the few hours after housecleaning day (Saturday) unless I have made huge and terrible threats to Orion (age 18), and Kelton (age 10) about never reaching the ages of 19 and 11 Wink

#2 - Yes, Toni, I am the one who bought a house recently for the first time. The rental was wrecked, the new house is wrecked Wink Actually, that is not totally true - I'm exagerating just a bit. It has three levels: The boys' rooms and bathroom are upstairs, their "game room" is in the finished portion of the basement, the main floor of the house is mine (or at least it is supposed to be Wink ). The "wrecked" part is the two-thirds that belongs to them. My part of the house is usually somewhat presentable, but on occasion I need to toss out the threats of "I brought you into this world, I can take you out!!" (thanks, Bill Cosby Wink )

#3 - Are you two trying to scare me?

#4 - It's working!!! LOLOL

Collapse -
hehehe.......
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: OK, you two!!!

I see it worked:) And just remember, I never forget!! I will be waiting for that first Grandchild. Of course it won't hit you until about the age of 3, if you are lucky! Jasmine didn't even make it too two before she was a little terror:) But she did have help with that in the shape of an older brother, that taught her everything she knows:) Enjoy the first Grandchild Devil

Collapse -
I'm sure that you and my parents
by MarciaB / May 5, 2005 4:01 AM PDT
In reply to: hehehe.......

will get plenty of paybacks when I become a Grandmother.

In the meantime, however, let's focus on getting Orion through High School, College (hopefully), and maybe even finding a decent job. THEN he can think about procreation Wink

I think it would be an absolute HOOT if we were all still hanging out here at SE when that happens. Just think, I will be putting together even more albums for y'all to look at LOL Grin LOL

Collapse -
I agree with that.......
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 4:17 AM PDT

Raising a family is hard enough without trying to do it unprepared! The thought of us all still be in SE, in say 10 years is a great thought:) Can't wait for the family albums:)

Collapse -
What is really nice is to
by Jerry562 / May 5, 2005 3:29 AM PDT

Take Grandma and Grandpa out to dinner! Tell them I said so.

Collapse -
Red Lobster?? I hope:)
by Glenda / May 5, 2005 3:38 AM PDT

I will pass that info on:) Thanks Jerry

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!