Laptops forum

General discussion

Where to Buy LapTop with XP

Where do I purchase a laptop with Win XP Professional Service Pack 2?
I am buying it for my Grandson who will be starting college this fall. This is the reqirement for his courses. Thank you. Avinne

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where to Buy LapTop with XP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where to Buy LapTop with XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dell, even HP now offer this.

In reply to: Where to Buy LapTop with XP

But you won't see it in the stores. Both companies have phones so you can talk about it.

Collapse -
Contact sellers

Contact via online to check or find the sales phone# to call. XP is getting to be less of a sales draw but for the fact its simply what users want. Also, some newer laptops sold using Vista *MAYBE* converted to XP install if the vendor(maker) provide a regress OS(verify) or you buy yet a new retailed version of XP then hope to install it. Newer laptops may not support XP usually in the driver side, as no driver are current or directly for XP usage. keep that in mind. I suggest you visit IBM, now called Lenevo for their laptops as well as Asus and Acer brands or any of the brands out there.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
I would recommend that if he needs XP

In reply to: Contact sellers

that he does get XP installed and don't buy a laptop with Vista and replace it with XP. If you look at most laptop dealers business class machines your more likely to find machines offered with XP.

Collapse -
lenovo.com

Thinkpads are sold with an XP Pro OS preload, with a Vista license, so if he ever needs to "upgrade" to Vista, then he's all set.

Collapse -
We are replacing our older PC's here at

In reply to: lenovo.com

my work and they come with the Vista license and we install XP pro. It's all legal as long as you are using only one of the licenses at a time.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.