Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Where is the AM?

by lonewolf1234 / June 15, 2007 2:34 PM PDT

Why aren't there any MP3 recorders that record AM radio. Aren't there millions of talk radio and sports news freaks out there that would like to time shift their AM programs. Also, a timer would also help. Start at midnight stop at 4am. I know you can use line in, but this is a hassle. This is 2007 and I can't find a MP3 recorder anywhere at a reasonable cost. What gives?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where is the AM?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where is the AM?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
AM recorder
by lonewolf1234 / June 16, 2007 4:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Not many. See links.

Thanks Bob. The reviews on this radio aren't too good. I think I am going to have find a computer software solution to record.

Collapse -
Here's the Griffin RadioShark.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2007 5:48 AM PDT
In reply to: AM recorder
Collapse -
Record AM Talk Radio with Redbutton
by lonewolf1234 / June 17, 2007 2:38 AM PDT

Thanks again Bob. I think i found the solution to my problem. While researching the RadioShark, I found a site www.radiotime.com that offers a program called Redbutton that will record just about any talkshow you can think of. It works with the Radioshark if you want to record local AM/FM programs but I found some local AM talk programs on Radiotime as well.

Last night, I recorded about 6 hours of programs using this software. At times I recorded 3 streams at the same time. I thought for sure my PC would crash but it didn't. I even used my email and browser and played a game in between program recordings with no problems. I transfered the mp3 files over to my player. Audio was a little tinny but don't know if my player or earphones caused this. Otherwise you could still hear the content satisfactorily.

I do think I will eventually have to get another PC (used) dedicated to recording. I use my PC alot for other tasks such as researching, email, surfing, gaming, etc. Also will need an MP3 player with more storage.

P.S.- The program costs $29. The site says no recurring fees.

Collapse -
Glad it helped.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2007 2:41 AM PDT

I picked that link since it has clues to other products and softwares.

Glad you found something you liked.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?