Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Where have we seen this before?

Nov 9, 2007 1:21PM PST

A mod posts to a thread which is then locked. Hmmmmmmmmm, seems vaguely familiar.

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
just FYI
Nov 9, 2007 7:34PM PST

the last mod post was 11/9/07 8:05 PM (Cnet time)
the post was locked 11/10/07 00:04:54 -0800 (my Yahoo email time)

i'll leave you to do the math.

in the meantime, unless you can prove that the mod who posted was the mod who locked, please, keep the snide remarks to youself

thank you for your co-operation

- Collapse -
Too bad...
Nov 9, 2007 8:20PM PST

I would have liked the opportunity to have answered DK.

Also, I noticed some creative "pruning". At least one reply from me that violated no rules was deleted for some unknown reason.

- Collapse -
It's deja vu all over again. Locking.
Nov 9, 2007 8:58PM PST

There have been several topics on this subject, for anyone who wants to search for them.

I will not go into explanations again (re: there are 20+ other moderators - who now can read posts as they appear in "real time activity", time stamps, how we cannot delete individual posts in a "branch"/subthread without taking them all out) because explanations are not accepted as fact, rather as either a "power grab", bias, or untruths.

I am locking this thread.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator