PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Where has BLITZZ gone?

by tbalint555 / January 20, 2006 9:01 AM PST

I have a BLITZZ super G wireless card, and I cannot find my disks. no prob...but when I went to the web last week, I was able to download every driver except the one for my particular card. This week, the site is gone, and you get rerouted to a marketing site. Where has BLITZ gone??!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where has BLITZZ gone?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where has BLITZZ gone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe belly up?
by TONI H / January 20, 2006 7:57 PM PST
In reply to: Where has BLITZZ gone?

I'm doing a google search to locate information about the company, but found this right off the bat....

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Blitzz_Technology_BWA711_B3WL000900_Router/display_~reviews

Update....I was searching while this reply was waiting to be posted, and every single link for blitzz and sub-sites that belong to them are no longer functioning and most either redirect to the marketing site or come back with 'domain' errors.

If you give your model number for your particular piece of hardware, there might be another site elsewhere we can direct you to for the drivers you need, and hopefully your hardware is reliable.

TONI

Collapse -
Drivers site
by TONI H / January 20, 2006 8:05 PM PST
In reply to: Maybe belly up?

Blitzz Technology Drivers - Blitzz Technology Windows Drivers
This site maintains listings of driver files available on the web, organized by
company. Not sure if they will redirect you to blitzz's site to get them or if they have them stored on their own servers.

What you can do is look at the status bar at the bottom of your window or look at the page itself to get the actual file name, including the .zip or .exe extension and then do a google search for that file. You may get lucky and find what you need that way.

http://list.driverguide.com/list/company2072/

A few more driver site hits:

http://www.google.com/search?q=blitzz+drivers&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-40,GGLG:en&start=10&sa=N

TONI

Collapse -
Drivers
by tbalint555 / January 20, 2006 10:30 PM PST
In reply to: Drivers site

Thanks! I'll check those sites out...as well as scour my daughter's room for the originl disks `:)

Collapse -
I have the driver disk for the cardbus card.
by argetm / February 15, 2006 12:06 PM PST
In reply to: Where has BLITZZ gone?

That is the notebook slot card or pcmcia card. I can send you a copy for the cost of a cd and postage. If you have the pci card for a desktop, I dont't think this would help. Mike.

Collapse -
Please email my profile
by TONI H / February 15, 2006 6:55 PM PST

and include your email address so I can contact you about getting it. I plan to then put the drivers etc on my website for others who might need them for their Blitzz notebook devices. Thanks.

TONI
Fair Winds and Following Seas

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?