Computer Help forum

General discussion

where do i get bios disk

i start the computer and it says boot from floppy
and the system is on a 150 megbit 2 gig hard drive that i wiped processer 155mhz very slow computer trying to get it running 4 my 5 year old daughter to play games on any help would be helpful oh im also trying to install 98se on it and it won't boot from cd it did have 95 on it and that why i think i need a bio disk or something

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: where do i get bios disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: where do i get bios disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What you need is the INSTALLATION boot diskette...

In reply to: where do i get bios disk

that initiates setup and has the necessary CD Drivers on it.

If you don't have one try going to www.bootdisk.com and locating the Win 98 boot diskette with CD Support.

Collapse -
Re:What you need is the INSTALLATION boot diskette...

In reply to: What you need is the INSTALLATION boot diskette...

But you have to pay to get it from there,I got a program which is small,that is the full Boot Disk.If you want it and if you have MSN Messenger,Add Replicators@Webtv.net and i will be glad to give you a copy of it.

Collapse -
NO, you don't 'have to pay' to get it from there.

In reply to: Re:What you need is the INSTALLATION boot diskette...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.