PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

/\
||
||

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From your earlier post it would seem

In reply to: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

that your mobo only has a PCI Express 16 slot [black] for video. In that case you want an 880XT not an 800XT.

Don't see any available and since it is the 800 in PCI Express form it would seem that when available they'll only be in 256 MB form, as the 800's seem to be..

Collapse -
WOW..did you notice the price

In reply to: From your earlier post it would seem

on those board? Does it make my computer fly? hehe. Good thing I am not into gameing!

Collapse -
Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

In reply to: WOW..did you notice the price

Hi Art, maybe it'll make your graphics work faster.

Collapse -
Re: Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

In reply to: Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

Yeah, I'm 16. Actually if you take a look at Zipzoomfly, you can find it for $235 shipped. That's not too shabby, considering everyone else has it for around $275 PLUS s/h.

Collapse -
What about my comment that the mobo uses

In reply to: Re: Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

PCI Express 16 as the video slot??? The 800XT is an AGP card.

Collapse -
Re: What about my comment that the mobo uses

In reply to: What about my comment that the mobo uses

"The 800XT is an AGP card"

I'm not sure where you got that information, but I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken. The x300, x600, and x800 all have AGP and PCIe capability. Try www.ati.com for more information.

Collapse -
I just talked to ATI tech support. The

In reply to: Re: What about my comment that the mobo uses

800 for the PCI Express 16 has not been released yet. They are NOT interchangeable with an AGP slot. Totally different internal architecture and won't plug in the others slot.

So to answer your first question you can't buy a PCI Express 128 MB X800XT card yet because they have not been released. [probably won't come in a 128 MB configuration]

I just wanted to be certain that you understand that you CANNOT plug the AGP card into a PCI 16 slot.

I hope that we now understand each other.

At $1.25 per minute [$2.50] I hope that I prevented you from buying the incorrect card. If so, it was well worth it. LOL

Collapse -
Re: Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

In reply to: Re: Maybe he has no one else to feed. LOL

I guess $250 doesn't sound too bad; but the few that I have seen was for about 400 bucks.

Collapse -
Re: From your earlier post it would seem

In reply to: From your earlier post it would seem

By the way, Dell has a 128mb card as an option on their Dimension 8400 and XPS systems.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is it AGP or PCI Express?????????

In reply to: Re: From your earlier post it would seem

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Is it AGP or PCI Express?????????

In reply to: (NT) Is it AGP or PCI Express?????????

It's a PCIe card. I just went to double-check at Dell and it's actually only available on the Dimension 8400.

Collapse -
As I posted earlier. Taked to ATI and

In reply to: Re: (NT) Is it AGP or PCI Express?????????

the PCI Express version of the 800 has not been released yet. If you don't believe it, simply call them on the 900 number.

Collapse -
Re: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

In reply to: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

why not the upcoming 6600GT or X600XT? (x600XT is out already) those are both native PCI X16 cards...

Collapse -
Re: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

In reply to: Re: Where can I find a 128mb Radeon x800?

From what I hear, the x800 is a much faster card. I'm looking for an alternative to spending $400+ on one, so that's why I'm looking into the 128mb version.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.