General discussion

Where can I download driver for Acer V223HQV

Where can I download driver for Acer V223HQV
I have been looking everywhere on the web for a download link for a driver (everybody wants money)

I hope someone in the forum has a link or can zip it and email it to me.
Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Where can I download driver for Acer V223HQV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Where can I download driver for Acer V223HQV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: driver

Usually, a monitor has no driver. It's plug and play. But you might need a .inf-file to tell your PC about the details (like the supported resolutions). But I read nothing about that in the Quick Start Guide, so I assume it isn't necessary.

So just plug it in and see what happens. What happens?

Kees

- Collapse -
Needadriver for Acer monitor V223HQV

when I purchased my monitor it was connected to my tower and MS selected the driver from Nvidia Now I have a laptop and the monitor is networked to the laptop and they are both in sinc. Because it is a second monitor reverts to to its color defaults giving a very shaded display and the text is fuzzey The laptop display is perfect
a local tec said I needed an Acer driver for model V223HQV an inf file so I need this driver as I lost my Acer disc which would have had the driver on

Thats the long version of why I want a driver. Absolutely unable to download one of the web or the Acer site.

- Collapse -
Re: driver

That Nvidia driver was for the graphics card, not for the monitor. It's not a Nvidia monitor, so not an Nvidia driver.

If you sync the monitor, probably it should have the same resolution as the laptop screen. It it hasn't it becomes ugly. If that's the cause, a .inf-file won't help. But maybe the graphic driver on your laptop has the option to set the resolution for the laptop screen and the external monitor differently.

http://secure3.tx.acer.com/findsystem/FindSystem.aspx?title=Contact+Support&brand=Acer tells how to contact Acer customer support in the USA. They might be able to tell you where to find that .inf-file.

Kees

- Collapse -
Driver

It does have a setting for the second monitor on the NVidia card and I set it to the recommended
it made no difference.
I feel like I'm on mission Impossible. I will try your US link.

Thanks for the help.

CNET Forums