Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Where are music codes used?

While Googling for some song lyrics I found a really great site that not only had all the songs I wanted, but also has lists of tracks for all the artists; what's more, they seem to be the original tracks. Some of these go back 30+ years, so I've been enjoying my trip down memory lane back to my hippie adolescence. I noticed that each track page also gives two kinds of HTML music codes - with and without Auto Start - that can be copied and pasted. To where? Where would these codes be used? I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to be able to use these codes to help me download some of the tracks onto my computer. (I'm ashamed to say I'm one of the three people in the world who still does not own an mp3 player, nor have I even downloaded ringtones to my cell phone). I'm not completely computer-illiterate, just mostly music- and gadget-illiterate.

The site doesn't even require signup or password, so it truly is a gem, but I'd enjoy it so much more if I were able to download the tracks, either to the computer or the mp3 player that I'm going to break down and buy very soon. And btw, right-clicking on the track's hyperlink doesn't give the ability to save it, in the way I do when I want to save a photo I see on a site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where are music codes used?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where are music codes used?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) What is the site url ?

In reply to: Where are music codes used?

Collapse -
HotGet.com - BUT...

In reply to: What is the site url ?

... I just did a spyware scan on my computer and it came up with over 3000 tracking entries that were listed as Critical/High. This has never happened before, so...hmmmm.

Collapse -
McAfee Site Advisor

In reply to: HotGet.com - BUT...

shows the site to be ok. A couple of popups only. As for the music from this site.

"Welcome To HotGet.com your source for Music Video Codes. Video Codes are what allow you to put videos in your myspace, friendster, livejournal and other accounts. All you have to do is simply copy and paste the code we give you to whatever site you want and you're all set!"

<embed src='http://216.86.151.121/dovid.php?vid=14469&med=go.asx' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='300' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' autostart='true' DisplaySize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></div><br><font style='font-size: 10pt;'><a href='http://www.ultimatemyspace.com/music_videos.php'>Music Video Codes</a> - <a href='http://www.ultimatemyspace.com'>MySpace Layouts</a></font>

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.