HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Where and how do you listen to Buzz Out Loud?

by Jasmes / November 21, 2005 5:30 PM PST

I thought it might be cool to see where everyone listens to the BOL podcast, and on what kind of devices.

I use a 20gb gen four iPod (With which I am stuck in an eternal love-hate relationship) and usually listen while I'm making dinner.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Where and how do you listen to Buzz Out Loud?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Where and how do you listen to Buzz Out Loud?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Deep Six!
by xAgent / November 21, 2005 7:14 PM PST

I save my buzz outs so when I am going out to a dive site I have something to listen to on the boat and when hanging out at a dive site. I work with some Marine Biologist, so I like to tune out while they talk about photo-planktin behviours. I have a IPod Nano 2GB and I am drooling for a bigger one. But the 2GB's were the only thing that was available on this rock, so beggers can't be choosey.

The reason I titled my post Deep Six, was because one time the boat took a weird hit from a wave and it went overboard... and believe it or not, I found it 20m down and it STILL WORKS!!!

Collapse -
Well then
by Jasmes / November 22, 2005 5:39 AM PST
In reply to: Deep Six!

I think we know who wins the "Most Exotic Podcast listening location" award. O_0

Collapse -
Where and how I listen to the Buzz
by moocows / November 21, 2005 11:05 PM PST

I listen to the Buzz on my ipod shuffle while riding my bike to class....in the even of having to drive i burn them to a CD...way old school but have I have to get my fill of the Buzz

Collapse -
meh
by netmasta / November 21, 2005 11:46 PM PST

I don't have an MP3 player, so I listen to mine on my computer while surfin' the net.

P.S.: Hi from South Shore, MA, Molly. We love ya!

Collapse -
no iPod here
by beelissa / November 21, 2005 11:57 PM PST

I have a Rio Cali. I use it to listen to quite a few Podcasts of various lengths and topics, which I download using iPodder. It's a great little program and works well if you don't have an iPod and want to be able to easily find and drag and drop the files to an MP3 player.

I listen while waiting for the school bus, while excercising or doing housework, or sometimes I just play it from my computer. I've only been listening to Buzz Out Loud for a couple of weeks but I really enjoy it.

Collapse -
Under the covers
by adam8281 / November 22, 2005 12:17 AM PST

I listen every night in bed before falling asleep. Since my wife usually goes to bed before I am very tired, I load up my iRiver H340 with a couple podcasts and/or Seinfeld episodes (the H340 does video) and listen/watch under the covers!

Collapse -
Thought I was the only one
by daveworld / December 18, 2006 12:52 PM PST
In reply to: Under the covers

Thought I was the only one that listens to podcasts in bed. But I don't listen BOL when going to sleep, too entertaining to fall asleep to.

Collapse -
at work
by LiK / November 22, 2005 5:03 AM PST

i simply click on the link from the site at work

Collapse -
In a police car
by Crash613 / November 24, 2005 1:04 AM PST
In reply to: at work

I thought that might get your attention....
I just started listening last week.. I have been playing catch-up.

I listen on an Axim X30(high) run through a Belkin Tunecast to an FM station then listen through the speakers in my patrol car while i work.

Collapse -
At home on laptop
by acedtect / November 22, 2005 6:06 AM PST

I re-listen to hear what dumb things I accidentally said from my laptop at home. Then my wife mocks me.

Collapse -
As well she should...
by bseybolt / January 24, 2006 12:59 AM PST
In reply to: At home on laptop

I hope she gave you an especially hard time when your vocie gave out during CES & MacWorld.

Collapse -
Not quite that mean
by acedtect / January 24, 2006 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: As well she should...

She was more sympathetic, since she was sick at the same time.

Collapse -
Walking the dog
by arshield / November 22, 2005 6:34 AM PST

Most days I listen to it while walking my dogs each evening. Occationally things get really exciting and it continues over to washing the dishes.

I usually listen to it and my other podcasts on my Dell Axim.

Collapse -
Yeah, walking the dog
by merrybrown / December 18, 2006 12:49 PM PST
In reply to: Walking the dog

Except I walk mine in the morning, while listening on a 3rd Gen iPod (Soon to be replaced w/ video iPod)
on days when it's not possible to walk her, I listen on my PC.

Collapse -
At home
by greghaspants / November 22, 2005 8:02 AM PST

At home, on the computer. Soon, this will be happening on an iPod, to and from work.

Collapse -
Shanghai - walking to work
by cbeukenk / November 22, 2005 10:11 AM PST

Yep, Shanghai, China (not Virginia). I am originally from Chicago/Atlanta and spent time in London. Now my wife and I live in Shanghai and I have a Sony Ericsson k750c. I know with all the discussion on Sony it makes me embarassed to say I use a Sony, but this lil phone kicks butt! I have a 10 minute walk to work and it is perfect to listen to the podcast. The rest of the time I use the phone for FM radio, 2.0MP camera, and jammin to other tunes. BTW: What is this Frapper(sp?) site I keep hearing about on the podcast? I expected it to be some sort of a map of who is where, but I do not see it easily on the forums site.

Collapse -
frappr
by arshield / November 22, 2005 10:40 AM PST
Collapse -
Reasons to not pay attention in spelling class
by cbeukenk / November 22, 2005 10:46 AM PST
In reply to: frappr

Thx! Got it and added my info. Why did I ace English in school? What a waste...

Collapse -
work by your car pc when you are in the car
by jessypanwen / December 18, 2006 12:34 PM PST

Detail of Specification

Collapse -
On my Powerbook
by twinn233 / November 22, 2005 10:55 AM PST

Well I listen to the podcast at night after class on my powerbook.

Collapse -
iPaq or PC
by AndyInTN / November 22, 2005 2:10 PM PST

I usually listen to the BOL Podcast on my computer, if I ever do need to take BOL with me I can take them with me on my iPaq (as soon as I get a flash card, only small podcasts will fit on it as is)

Collapse -
Using Ziepod @ Work
by mahadewa / November 22, 2005 7:02 PM PST
Collapse -
Get my Buzz from the computer
by Quorum25 / November 23, 2005 3:49 AM PST

I get my buzz from my PC while I am working, I typicaly just use I-tunes as my podcast client and listen through there. Side note the only reason I use I-tunes is for my podcast. I hate it as an mp3 player.

Collapse -
On CD-RW (audio CD) in car, otw to/from work (nt)
by ucffool / November 24, 2005 2:07 AM PST

nt

Collapse -
ditto...
by alvin.c / November 24, 2005 4:31 AM PST

I tried using one of those FM transmitters...to many wires and to often the battery dies.

Collapse -
My answer...
by x1800yolk / November 24, 2005 3:30 AM PST

I listen to it on my orange Creative Zen Mirco in my room. I have my computer setup so that I click on the lemon (ipodder) and plug in my mp3 player once it's done downloading. WMP does it automatically for me. Peace, Brian W.

Collapse -
While running
by Wilf_Brim / November 24, 2005 9:04 AM PST

I run at lunch. I load up a Lexar JumpDrive Sport (either 256 or 512) with the next day's podcasts and sync it up the night before.

I stick the USB drive into a JumpGear player (which I got for a whopping 40 bucks) I leave in my locker. Buzz Out Loud is always the first on the playlist.

Collapse -
I Listen...
by shantanubala / November 26, 2005 1:03 AM PST

I usually listen on my creative nomad mp3 player.... It can only hold a few songs but I will never replace it.... I always listen while I'm reading or surfing the web....

Collapse -
at
by backfrog / November 27, 2005 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: I Listen...

at work on my nano

Collapse -
Everywhere :)
by Kawn! / November 27, 2005 11:55 AM PST

Basically whenever I have time. The best time is when I can sit and relax on the balcony but its winter now so I'll settle for my nice comfy couch. I listen on a Rio Karma and take it where ever I go.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.