General discussion

When it rains it pours

I just reinstalled XP yesterday and started to add my aol browser and broadband setup...all went well. This morning I added my tv tuner card cause i removed it during installation and I booted up my system and all i got was no vga. My computer was on, i checked the power cord on both ends of my tv monitor..I also have hdtv on this monitor and naturally talking about a desktop. I removed all cables, opened the case and checked that all cables are secured. Still no vga. I can't even get the post readings..but then why would I if there is no connection of the vga. Has anyone any ideas to get it to boot?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: When it rains it pours
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: When it rains it pours
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Doesn't sound like a XP issue.
- Collapse -
reset mobo

try this:

turn off computer and unplug power.
open case and remove the CMOS battery
let it out for about 30 seconds and then put it back in.
plug in the computer and try to turn it on.

CNET Forums