Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

When is macintosh going to put the intel in the powerbooks?

by InsomniacInc / January 23, 2006 11:49 AM PST

yes i know that the macbookpro is cool and everything. but the powerbooks are awesome and i dont want to see them get replaced. Maybe if they were to make a macbookpro 17in for the same price as the 17inch powerbook then it'd be okay but if they cant do that then they should just put the intel into the powerbook and call it even, although having a camera and frontrow would be nice, wouldnt it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: When is macintosh going to put the intel in the powerbooks?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: When is macintosh going to put the intel in the powerbooks?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is that a real question or just a rhetorical one
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 23, 2006 8:43 PM PST
Collapse -
yes its a real question
by InsomniacInc / January 24, 2006 11:10 AM PST

yeah its a question i just got kinda got sidetracked but the real question is has anyone heard when they plan to move the powerbooks over?

Collapse -
The MacBook Pro
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 24, 2006 11:47 AM PST

Is the new PowerBook.
At least that was the impression I got. There are two versions and both are more expensive and more tricked out than the G4 PowerBooks

P

Collapse -
i hope not
by InsomniacInc / January 25, 2006 10:32 AM PST
In reply to: The MacBook Pro

cause if they do make a 17in MacBook Pro then its gonna be $2600 at least. Although that'd be okay im not completeley sure thats whats going to happen cause @ mac world Jobs said they were going to move their whole product line over to intel. but i might be misreading it. cause he did reveal the MacBook Pro after saying they had been trying to "shoe horn" a g5 into the powerbooks.

so i guess my question is, is it possible their adding intel to the powerbooks?

sorry to ramble
peace out

Collapse -
EVERY Mac will eventuall have Intel Processors
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 25, 2006 8:48 PM PST
In reply to: i hope not

You did not misread anything.
The move is toward the Intel processor for ALL the Mac line. PM G5's will probably go when Intel has a processor that is as good as the Quad G5's.
By 2007 there will be no IBM driven Mac's coming off the assembly line

P

Collapse -
Powerbook Is Dead
by CoreyInHamilton / February 1, 2006 3:50 AM PST

The Macbook Pro is the new powerbook. Im sure soon enough there will be a 17" version. Other then screen it is better then the Powerbook is in every way(battery life pending).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?