Windows Vista forum

Question

When I try to uninstall programs (from Uninstall a Program)

by frankpia / November 20, 2011 11:18 AM PST

they are still there. They do not get uninstalled.
I have tried to uninstall: Bonjour, Dictionary Boss,Google Talk Plugin,Live TV4Me,PalTalk SuperIM,GE Mini Cam. They all are still there.

Also, I have problems downloading programs as well.

I am using internet explorer 9.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: When I try to uninstall programs (from Uninstall a Program)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: When I try to uninstall programs (from Uninstall a Program)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Manual delete
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 20, 2011 8:30 PM PST

If they are really uninstalled, go hunting for their folders in Program Files and in the Users' folders and delete those as well.

Having items listed in Programs & Features that you have uninstalled doesn't affect the way the system performs.

You can try the free version of Revo Uninstaller if you wish. It may clear up the registry entries and so remove them from that listing.

You don't say what problems you are having with downloading but that may be a different problem.

Mark

Collapse -
when I try to download programs
by frankpia / November 29, 2011 1:14 PM PST
In reply to: Manual delete

Mark ...

They do not get uninstalled. They remain, however, I was able to unistall a program. A music program I fail to remember the name BLUE something. Anyway IT is gone. I have tried to uninstall the programs to no avail.

I am going to try and install Revo Uninstaller.

The problems I am having with downloading programs.

Thank you!

Frank

Collapse -
Answer
And by "still there"
by Jimmy Greystone / November 20, 2011 9:44 PM PST

And by "still there" you mean... what exactly?

Collapse -
Answer
still there
by frankpia / November 29, 2011 1:16 PM PST

I mean that the programs are not deleted.

Thank you,

Frank

Collapse -
Answer
TuneUp Utilities
by n24_second / December 1, 2011 11:23 PM PST

Try using TuneUp Utilities. It works fine for me. I've started using it since 2009 and it works pretty well.

thanks

Collapse -
On a damaged system
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 2, 2011 3:47 AM PST
In reply to: TuneUp Utilities

any 'tune-up' utility is likely to cause more damage. That wouldn't be my choice.

Mark

Collapse -
What I meant
by n24_second / December 2, 2011 5:38 PM PST
In reply to: On a damaged system
Collapse -
For uninstallers, what i use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2011 2:19 AM PST
In reply to: What I meant

Revo Uninstaller
The app's uninstaller.

And the old manual methods.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.