Resolved Question

When I access pic from Kodak box reads XML Parsing Error

Discussion is locked
crgaeta has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: When I access pic from Kodak box reads XML Parsing Error
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: When I access pic from Kodak box reads XML Parsing Error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Not enough information

your post does not make sense.
What computer?
What camera?
What software?
What are you trying to do?

- Collapse -
Answer
I had to delete the .XML file and use the .JPG files.

The root cause was that the XML was in a character set Windows did not support. I tripped over this one during Windows Mobile development as the XML library in the WM OS didn't support encodings that were in the Windows OS.

I had to write my own XML parser and learned far more than I bargained for.

Bob

- Collapse -
XML Parsing Error

Hi, Bob. I tried to find something helpful toward solving the problem as you did, but I'm not sufficiently savy about PCs and Kodak easyshare to to get anywhere. It sounds as if you had to do a lot of tech work to change your parser. Can you give me a clue to what you did, or must I just go on deleting every time I open a photo? No real problem, just annoying. Thanks for answering! Ruth

- Collapse -
Sorry

But what I did was for the apps our office produces and were not for Kodak. BUT it gave me a feeling for XML much like how much you learn about asphalt and "road rash." Sorry for the not exact story and connections but it is there.

So when I want to bring in photos I would rename or delete the .XML and bring in the photos that are usually in the .JPG files.

It may be considered Windows 101 skills to rename files and show those file extensions but folk of all skill levels arrive here.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks, Bob.

Guess I'll just keep deleting; it only takes a moment and I don't have your technical skill. (My husband has even less)

- Collapse -
I apologize.

I do not have an answer for you but it sounds "too similar" to the issue we get beat up on. The failure of XML to deliver has the entire office wondering if we will ever use that again.
Bob

- Collapse -
No apology, please

If I can find an XML to attack, I certainly will! I'm all for the use of JPG, with which I'm fairly familiar. I'm grateful for your interest. Ruth PS A matter of possible interest: I began using the computer when I was 77 years old, ten years ago. For the most part, I think it's one of our world's greatest inventions -- except when it makes me want to pull its lifeline. Not in this case!

CNET Forums