Phones forum

General discussion

what u think about the new att OGO ?

by monito221 / October 7, 2004 12:14 AM PDT

hey people what ya think about the new att ogo?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: what u think about the new att OGO ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: what u think about the new att OGO ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: what u think about the new att OGO ?
by nomail101 / October 11, 2004 1:13 AM PDT

I don't like the fact that Att releases a product that is not fully tested nor supported. I bought an Ogo on Friday, I turned it on and went through the activation wizard. I, like the rest of humanity, interpreted several hours to mean something less than five. I called technical support after 18 hours, but they refused to provide me an support until 24 hours had gone through. I called again, and they tried to do some things - told me the device was activated, but couldn't get past the activation is still pending page. How the device can be activated but not working is a little beyond me. I was then told that sometimes it takes longer than 24 hours, and that I should let it sit for another four or five hours. After about 48 hours, I called back and was told that there might be a problem with the device and that I should return it to the store (this is after she told me that the wifi group didn't do technical support and that I should use the chat on the device - I had to point out that it wasn't working, and she told me it should because it was activated). I agreed that it should - but it wasn't. I then took it to the store, the woman looked at it, said that there was nothing wrong with the device and that I should call technical support. Haven't got the bounce around I decided to return it. I then wanted to make sure that it was cancelled, but the woman said I couldn't cancel it unless I had the device's phone number, which I never got because the activation never went through. She told me to call technical support where I was passed to FIVE different departments and over an hour later I am told that the device is cancelled, though given the performance of ATT I would not be surprised if this is just the beginning of the fight. My advice, stay away until Att gets its stuff together.

Collapse -
Re: what u think about the new att OGO ?
by wownby / October 28, 2004 11:40 PM PDT

it's an alright device. I got mine on the second day that they were offered, and even though it took 4 hours to get it activated (and I had to tell their tech support how to do it.), the service works pretty well so far. Hopefully now that the merger of AT&T and Cingular has been approved, more features and support will be added.

Collapse -
Ogo Question/Comment
by justinaikens / November 20, 2004 9:49 AM PST

Hey everyone, bought an Ogo tonight from ATT/Cingular. I am very happy with the unit so far, activation took less than five minutes which is quite a difference compared to the activation times previously reported on this board. I am, however, concerned with the lifespan of this product as far as the merge between the two companies is concerned. Do you think the Ogo will survive the merger and better support will come out of it? Any comments would help. Thanks!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!