Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

Question

what type of photoshop software do i need?

by woolflandscaping / September 24, 2013 5:33 AM PDT

i am a landscaper i need to create a landscape design i have looked into professional landscape software but its 2000 and up i remember using photoshop in my high scool class. all i need is to take a picture of the house and cut and paste images of shrubs and trees. i was wondering what photoshop i need

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: what type of photoshop software do i need?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: what type of photoshop software do i need?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Picasa.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / September 24, 2013 5:47 AM PDT

Might do the job reasonably well. I have used it but not for ages. I use Photoshop elements which does do that.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Answer
Sketchup?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 24, 2013 5:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
And tutorials for Landscape Artists.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 24, 2013 6:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Sketchup?
Collapse -
Also.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / September 24, 2013 6:41 AM PDT
Collapse -
Typo.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / September 24, 2013 6:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Also.

Sketchup.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Answer
Alternative to Photoshop may be a better choice
by pastrelic / September 28, 2013 1:40 AM PDT

I've seen landscape design software ...in fact home layout and house design software by the same author for less than the cost of any version of Photoshop. I'm a full time user of Adobe's programs and I wouldn't use anything else for editing photographs but there are a lot of alternatives to a photo editing program I'd check out before using it to design landscape layouts.

One that comes to mind at the top of the mid range cost is Corel Draw. It comes with a lot of graphics specific to landscape, has a moderate learning curve and is bundled with an alternative to Photoshop.

There is also a program called 'sketch up' you can download the 3D version of it for free if you answer the usage question correctly when you start the download. This I believe is good choice if a sketched result is what you are looking for. If you want to use photographs of the area you plan to landscape, adding photos of foliage then I'd put that in the same category as the movies that make out you can read a numberplate from 10 miles away with a surveillance camera! Confused

Collapse -
Answer
Adobe Photoshop is the best for it
by hiredotnetdeveloper / October 3, 2013 7:04 PM PDT

In my opinion Adobe Photoshop is the best for it. Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program.

Collapse -
Answer
tips
by Clickpencil2 / October 25, 2013 11:13 PM PDT

Hi there here are some tips which definitely going to help you.
according to me adobe photoshop, dreamweaver, notepad, cs6, cs5 and other adobe products are best for designing.
visit these links this will helpful in designing the landscape design.

ephotozine.com/ 12 photoshop
photoshoptutorials.ws
popphoto.com

Collapse -
Answer
photoshop
by Arohi123 / January 1, 2014 2:12 AM PST

You can use adobe photoshop cs5 or illastrator 10. It can give you smoothly image. You can easily use this software and create a amazing image. This image may be attractive.

Collapse -
Answer
Photoshop Software
by agalyaa123 / November 10, 2014 11:12 PM PST

Adobe Photoshop Express
GIMP
Pixlr
Paint.NET
PicMonkey

Collapse -
Answer
Photoshop software
by agalyaa123 / November 26, 2014 1:21 AM PST

You can try this Paint.net or Photoshop

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?