Rant

What to do when they tell you...

What do you do when Samsung calls you and tells you that the product you sent into them for servicing has physical damage and may not be repaired, but you are 100% sure that it wasn't damaged when it left your house?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What to do when they tell you...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What to do when they tell you...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This one is easy.

Since it's a carrier issue your claim is with the shipping company. That's what that insurance you or someone paid for is for.

Sorry to read about your issues but I'll try to give you another idea or avenue.
Bob

- Collapse -
Except for

Samsung claims that they and the repair service provider have determined it was impossible for it to have been damaged during transportation.

- Collapse -
I'll disagree.

When I cross borders I've had the shipments unpacked and all bets are off.

If you shipped it in good shape and it arrived damaged you file the claim with the carrier.
If they deny it, then you explore options.

-> I am not agreeing with anyone here. But if there is a way, I only see one avenue.
Bob

- Collapse -
Except for

sesimisnap,

- Collapse -

I am still waiting to hear back from Samsung regarding this issue. They told me they would call me back after our conversation regarding it being damaged... and a week later still no information. I am now calling Samsung to get an update, but seems like they are having a hard time getting me that info.

CNET Forums