Question

What suggestions do you have for my website?

Its just recently been published and I'm fairly new to coding. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. The website is www.KriticalEntertainment.com we host video game tournaments and are currently expanding towards music and more.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What suggestions do you have for my website?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What suggestions do you have for my website?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Usually you need promo type folk.

From my experience you need "demo people." You know the type that are excited over any product but not so much it seems fake.

As in the past, tournaments are not really about game play but sales of either the game, game gear and more. It's a marketing tool and so you need the right staff to help you generate your revenue.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Looks like performance is good
- Collapse -
Answer
Suggestion for your Website

As you have asked about the feedback, I want to be honest that you should move it to wordpress. It needs the following things to be done:

1..Responsiveness, as it is must thing now a days.
2..Pictures need something like an hover effect or should come in a pop up/modal/lightbox
3..Alignment both horizontally and vertically.
4..More content ....html to text ratio seems less
5..URL rewrite as its pretty long...but okay if its a short term objective only. Its not a big issue but usually a URL between 6 to 8 letters looks good....Facebook, Linkedin, Twittr etc

I hope you will take these as a positive feedback for your website development.

Thanks, Puneet

W3 Creatives
www.w3creatives.com

- Collapse -
Please avoid signatures
- Collapse -
Answer
Good as you are new!!

Sharing this seriously because your performance as a new developer is very good.
There are a few things which need some resolution in terms of graphic display on website:

1. The banner images need renovation if you really want to attract.
2. Banner images should be highlighted using lightbox or other Jquery scripts.
3. Site loading time is good, but the fonts take time in menus, I think because they are google web fonts.. Seriously saying - either download them and upload on your own server or remove them totally. Not that good for website performance, remove external website/server dependencies as much as possible.
4. Placing surveys downwards is not a great option - add a flyout block using jquery for guests or users. That would look more decent and attractive.

Above suggestions are totally based on my role as a viewer more than a coder. Happy
Rest is awesome in your website, it has the potential of being catchy.. Good Wishes and Good Luck..

- Collapse -
hi

ya its a good idea

CNET Forums

Forum Info