General discussion

What Store Should I Chose ???

I decided, after searching the Internet high and low for top 10 digital cameras, to buy the "Konica Minolta Dimage A2" model (I want the best camera around 500$-600$). Now, I've seen here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Konica_Minolta_Dimage_A2/4014-6501_7-30732519.html?tag=ob_50&orderby=50&sort=desc

The lowest price is $558.99 at "Abe's Of Maine" but under the price says "Refurb". What is refurb ? It's like a second hand camera, a used camera ? Why is it the price so low. What's the trick ? I want a new camera in a sealed package with a full warranty. What store should I choose from the list ? (the lower price, the better).

... By the way, what do you think about my choice ?

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What Store Should I Chose ???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What Store Should I Chose ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Refurb or not Refurb

I think you have chosen a nice camera. But I avoid buying refurbished products -products that have broken while still under warranty and then been repaired. The original purchaser probably received a replacement product. The "refurbished" product then gets re-sold, often with a new warranty. Lowest price isn't always the best company to go with! Always call them on their 800# first. Confirm that the camera is in stock, that it is new and under warranty, what it comes with (battery, cables, case etc.) and the total price including shipping to your door. A lot of online retailers attract you with cheap prices and then charge ridiculous shipping and handling fees.

- Collapse -
I have recently started using B&H Photo. They frequently

show up in seller lists with good ratings. I have made two fairly large purchases from them, and have been completely satisfied. They are also very competitive. I haven't purchased refurb, but probably would for the camera you are talking about. However, you have to research the seller a bit.

CNET Forums

Forum Info