Windows 7 forum

Question

What software was used to create the karaoke music?

by groovy3130 / October 22, 2014 3:49 AM PDT

As a karaoke fan and at times when a song is not available commercially I would create the music with vocal removal softwares which don't do a good job at it. I have found uploads in YouTube and the one that impresses me most is the uploads of SmanusakSomboonsub. Examples:
Strangers in the Night (Frank Sinatra), And I Love You So
(Perry Como). I contacted Smanusak S. but I have not received a reply. He probably didn't want to reveal the secret sauce. I just wanted to know what software was used in making the karaoke music. Would anyone know?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What software was used to create the karaoke music?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What software was used to create the karaoke music?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Smanusak S.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 4:06 AM PDT

Is this person a member here? How did you contact them?
Dafydd.

Collapse -
I see this guy...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 4:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Smanusak S.

is a karaoke singer from Thailand. He's all over the net so I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Smanusak S
by groovy3130 / October 22, 2014 5:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Smanusak S.

I don't think he is a member in Cnet. His uploads are just impressive - very clean and beautifully done.
It looks like he just has one template he is using over and over. I tried contacting him thru YouTube.

Collapse -
I see.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 5:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Smanusak S

I had a dig around on some sites (his profile) and couldn't find anything about what he uses.
There are quite a few sites with free karaoke software why not try out a few of these.
Dafyd.

Collapse -
s/b in windows 8
by groovy3130 / October 22, 2014 5:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Smanusak S

Not that it matters on this topic but I mistakenly put it in windows 7 - should be in windows 8.

Collapse -
That's OK.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: s/b in windows 8

If you're looking to record your songs, why not use a DAW. Quite a few free ones out there.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Make the karaoke
by groovy3130 / October 22, 2014 9:46 AM PDT
In reply to: That's OK.

What I am looking for is to be able to make the karaoke music with lyrics (no vocals) just like
what he is able to do from any cd, or mp3 or whatever.

Collapse -
Right I understand.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 9:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Make the karaoke

There are sites that offer free and legal karaoke songs. I've listened to some and they're pretty good. It's 1 am here and I'm off to bed but I'll check back in the morning. Meantime maybe another member will have some advice.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
I am thinking maybe you won't find any.
by Oldartq / October 22, 2014 12:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Make the karaoke

the market is too small...you might have to do your own. Basically it's music video with subtitle...right?

Collapse -
Some software had to do it
by groovy3130 / October 22, 2014 4:00 PM PDT

Exactly what I'd like to do. Be able to make my own karaoke music because it is not available
or when using vocal remover software, it doesn't totally remove the vocals. It can still be heard
so it's not clean. Am looking for that software the guy uses to produce the very clean karaokes.

Collapse -
Wait a second.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 10:20 PM PDT

Voice removal has tomes on the web and your last comment seems to tell me you expected voice removers to work. I never did.
Bob

Collapse -
As Bob said...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 22, 2014 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Wait a second.

voice removal doesn't work. I just listened to this guy on youtube and he's not using voice removal to do this. My guess is he gets his songs from a site something like this.
http://www.karaoke-version.com/ Here you can download songs with CD+ G.

There are loads of sites like this, some free and some for a small fee. As to removing vocals from cds and such, not going to work well. Have a trawl on the web to find sites like above and you may find what you're looking for.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
No, I wasn't expecting it to work as it should.
by groovy3130 / October 23, 2014 5:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Wait a second.

After trying a number of voice removal softwares unsuccessfully, I had a low expectation
since. They either diminish the voice, drop some instruments, etc.. depending on how the original
was recorded. That's precisely the reason why I got curious how Smanusak makes his karaokes.
I want to know the software he is using. His products are so clean and clear. He's got one template he is using in the karaokes. Take a listen to some of his karaoke music in YouTube. I don't think it's done with a voice removal software. And I am not expecting anymore a reply from him on this matter.

Collapse -
Remember, a well done topic.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 23, 2014 5:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
Way I see it Bob...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 23, 2014 6:06 AM PDT

The OP wants to make CD+G discs. I supplied a link in my post above. If that's not his goal I don't know what else to suggest. I'd go for free midi files and do the work in a DAW if sound quality was paramount.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
I see that was covered, then they broached voice removers
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 23, 2014 7:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Way I see it Bob...

It sounds like they want that too.

Collapse -
Answer
Just gotta try something out . . .
by groovy3130 / October 23, 2014 3:18 PM PDT

Thanks for the tips, guys. I remember Audacity was one I tried unsuccessfully. Of course I ran it without
the VST plugins.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?