Camcorders forum

Question

What should I use to film video concert show .. ?

by metaldude2014 / October 20, 2014 2:28 PM PDT

What should I use to film video, great music concert show like this HD or great audio, HD Video: a phone, a video camera, or else model ??

I'm searching for a long time now and never find what i'm looking for.

I just want great audio or HD audio, HD Video to film concert show in video like these exemple:

Outside Big Festival:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrkoUxdaGyQ

Inside Venue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1MiyG4Yv18

Inside Venue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywrGKpONmr0

Inside venue (small)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9ZBvEeVbU

Inside Venue (small)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGb-u49WNn8

You know what I mean I want to be able to film on the front row or on the back and still have a decent sound !!!!!!!

Price range Under 500$ but I know that what i'm looking is near impossible so i'll settle for what ever phone or camera model and kind that can do the job

Please help me, I'm tired of searching everywhere and finding nothing good

PS: Please specify the BRAND and the MODEL and WHY ???????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What should I use to film video concert show .. ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What should I use to film video concert show .. ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For great audio, I use audio recorders.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2014 3:03 PM PDT

But I wonder if they allow such things like the Sanyo ICR-XPS01M or Tascom DR-40's in the gate. As to videos, it's likely no one will allow camcorders or DSLRs so why not the usual iPhone?
Bob

PS. Just FYI, I can't explain why this question comes up so often. You would think folk would figure it out.

Collapse -
I don't know what to buy and don't want to buy crap ???
by metaldude2014 / October 21, 2014 8:24 AM PDT

Did you see the "video" exemple that I put in my post ?
for me that's great quality.
I want that kind of quality
I mean HD Video Image and of course the nost difficult of them all: Great quality Audio
I don't how they get that kind of great audio in those video exemple that I post up here
But I want that kind of great Audio quality
thanks for these exemple of camera, i'll check them out !!!!!!!!!
But if you have other ideas feel free to share
Because I don't know what to buy ? Specialy because of the "Great Audio quality"
That audio quality that i'm serching is hard to find on a good camera or phone ?
but the HD video Image 1080 or more is easy to find.
If the video has that great 1080 video image HD but A ****** sound nobody will Watch even me.
Like I said I don't know what to buy ?????
What model or brand ... ,
So even if it's a phone: Should I buy: The Last IPhone, HTC, Samsung Galaxy, or else AND WHY
I don't know WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE ????????
So even if it's a Video camera, Camorder, NO DSLR, ... Should I buy: Canon ... Panasonic ... Sony ...
I don't know WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE ????????

LIKE I SAID FROM THE START I DON'T WANT TO BUY SOMETHING
THAT WON'T WORK FOR WHAT I NEED (FILM CONCERT SHOW IN VIDEO WITH GREAT SOUND) !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I won't sync the audio with the video by recording the audio with something else and the video with the camera or the phone. It feel like cheating or too complicated for me.

Also I won't BUY them all and TRY them all one by one to find the one that work perfecly with what I need (great audio, 1080 HD ...)

Collapse -
Then you ask them what they used.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 8:38 AM PDT

About cheating. I never considered that cheating. It's how I get the best results. My son went to "film school" and learned this over the years. Here you got the inside scoop without the 4 year payment.
Bob

Collapse -
I want to know if there a way to do it without the DSLR ...
by metaldude2014 / October 21, 2014 8:54 AM PDT

I want to know if there a way to do it WITHOUT the "DSLR" (Not allowed in any venue So I can have that)
And the sync ????
If it's a video camera, camorder or else in the same departement that I need !!!! What Model or Brand Should I buy ???????

And also If it's not a video camera, camcorder... that I need and IT'S A PHONE What Model or Brand Should I buy ???????

THE MODEL AND THE BRAND THAT WILL GIVE ME THE RESULT THAT I ASK EARLIER (HD Video Image and Great Audio Quality)

Please I won't have a Camera for the video in one hand (HD 1080 Video Image) and Recorder Devices for the audio (Great audio) and trying to start the recording from the 2 devices at the same time and match the audio and video recording with any video editing program. No way I waon't do that there's another way AND THOSE VIDEO EXEMPLE THAT I POST EARLIER PROVES IT !!!!!

Collapse -
Take the easy path.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 8:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
already did they won't revealed their secret ...
by metaldude2014 / October 21, 2014 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Take the easy path.

already did they won't revealed their secret and won't answer so I'm still searching and won't buy until I find what I'm loooking for. So I won't put my money on something that won't do what I want !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Looking at their other work
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 9:10 AM PDT

It looks like they are recording for the band which makes me think this is some camcorder or DSLR. Many shows don't allow that so back to the usual iPhones and if you want great audio, we've gone over that.

I can't explain why some folk don't get the great audio part. Guess they need to spend the four years at it (my son took that long!)
Bob

Collapse -
thanks a lot !!!!!! last question ....
by metaldude2014 / October 21, 2014 9:21 AM PDT

If you say that should go with a phone what phone could give me a great quality or the quality that I'm looking for ? Model + Brand ?

Collapse -
(NT) See iPhone 5 and up example videos.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 9:35 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?