Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

What should I choose?

by izhak2 / May 26, 2007 7:21 PM PDT

Hello.

I need an advice with choosing a mp3.

The most important feature is its recording quality.

I thought about Zen Vision M and Zen Vision W.

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What should I choose?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What should I choose?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What to you mean with "recording quality"?
by Kees Bakker / May 26, 2007 7:51 PM PDT
In reply to: What should I choose?

Record mp3 from build-in radio, microphone, line-in? Any or all?

Kees

Collapse -
Microphone
by izhak2 / May 27, 2007 2:35 AM PDT

I mean a recording quality of the microphone..
Not from radio..if it has option to record also from a line in,
its also good. But not only line in!

Collapse -
It Depends
by TechnoMan475392 / May 27, 2007 10:35 PM PDT

This is a hard thing to say because I don't know you. If you run or need mostly music and a little bit of video, go with the M. If you travel (line in a plane, train, or car) go with the W.

Collapse -
All Creatives have terrible recording quality.
by fbbbb / May 27, 2007 11:16 PM PDT

If you want the best recording quality, you may be better off choosing a dedicated recorder like the Edirol R-1 or M-Audio Microtrack.

I have a friend in the same boat - he wants a not-too-expensive MP3 player which has the best recording quality. I recommended the Sony MZ-RH1 Hi-MD to him, but he doesn't want a Minidisc machine. The RH1 does definitely have the best recording quality out of all the 'consumer' MP3 machines out there, but you do need to use the awful Sonicstage software to get stuff off it and being a magneto-optical disc, it's fairly slow.

If you want to compromise in favour of an MP3 player than a recorder, a player from iRiver or Cowon iAudio may be the best trade-off to make. These almost always make usable (voice) recordings using the inbuilt mic, and using a battery box you can hook up external mics on many of the models for good quality recording.

I don't know if anything out there can match the Sony in terms of recording quality, and if anyone out there does know of such a machine I'd like to hear of it.

Right now I've pointed my friend to the M-Audio MicroTrack, and said he should buy something else for listening on.

Collapse -
Thanks for answer
by izhak2 / May 28, 2007 1:57 AM PDT

Hello,

I had once a sony MD and its recording quality was ok..
But, the MD needs always mini discs to record!

If you say creative's microphones quality is bad,
what about Archos?

Thanks again!

Collapse -
Ok, heres my choosing I think
by izhak2 / May 28, 2007 3:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for answer

Hey again,

I think I'll choose Archos 404. I saw in reviews that its recording
quality is very good...

Hope I chose the right mp3..if not tell me please.

Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.