General discussion

What RAM is installed on my machine?

Oct 31, 2007 9:12AM PDT

When I go System properties and I find that I have 1.5GB RAM installed on this machine. I would like to know how its divided? 1GB + 512MB OR 768MB + 768MB. How do I find that out?? Ideas anyone???

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What RAM is installed on my machine?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What RAM is installed on my machine?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try...
Oct 31, 2007 9:46AM PDT

Crucial.com has a tool as well as CPUIDZ (see google.com)

Bob

- Collapse -
cpu-z link
Oct 31, 2007 3:14PM PDT
- Collapse -
No, go here
Oct 31, 2007 7:44PM PDT
http://www.crucial.com/#

and use the tool. Allow it to scan your computer for memory. It will tell you what you have and what you can add, if you want to.

Rick
- Collapse -
That won't
Nov 1, 2007 1:14AM PDT

That won't actually tell the OP what is in his computer.

What's wrong with pulling off the side panel?

- Collapse -
I've been lucky.
Nov 1, 2007 1:19AM PDT

The CPUZ program has told me enough to nail it every time. But if I'm going to add ram I never take a chance and take your advice (open it up!)

Bob

- Collapse -
This is simple.
Nov 1, 2007 1:13AM PDT

RAM does not come in 768MB sticks. Either you have four RAM slots with:

256MB
256MB
512MB
512MB

=1.5GB

Or, more likely you have

1024MB (1GB)
512MB

Sorry I just can't believe this thread took this amount of replies. Honestly. I find since I started to become avidly interesting in computing my math ability has rocketed, mainly because of being able to calculate logical RAM amounts.

Does your 8 times table wonders.

CNET Forums

Forum Info