Peripherals forum

General discussion

What Printer shall i get? help had trouble before

by bacon / August 13, 2005 10:25 AM PDT

about a year ago my old hp 720c broke and stopped not sure why but it did and i had it for about 5 years so i needed a new one anyway. i got the dell 720 , i thought it was cheap and looked ok. but soon i was wrong as it was terrible.

- the paper always got jamed
- the connection always got lost
- the print was all over the place.
- and the price of new cartridges where so expensive compared to the actuall printer. it was cheaper to buy a new dell 720.

now fed up with this im looking for a newer , more uptodate printer. i have up to

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What Printer shall i get? help had trouble before
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What Printer shall i get? help had trouble before
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PRINTERS
by confused in florida / August 14, 2005 9:16 AM PDT

CHECK OUT HSN, THEY ALSO HAVE REVIEWS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOTTEN PRINTERS FROM THEM, ALSO QVC, ICHECK OUT WHAT OTHER CUSTOMERS THINK OF THEIR PURCHASES, I RECENTLY GOT MY LEXMARK X7170 FROM HSN, SO FAR SO GOOD AND I CHECKED OUT THE RECENT REVIEWS AND ALL WERE GOOD, BOTH NETWORKS HAVE EASY PAY PLANS WHICH I USE ALL THE TIME, PLUS THEY COME WITH ALL CORDS ETC. WHEN YOU BUY FROM THEM, I AM ALSO CHEAP, BUT PAYING A LITTLE A MONTH I CAN HANDLE AND GET A GOOD PRINTER AND A DIGITAL CAMERA ETC. YOU CAN TRUST THESE TWO PLACES, I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER OF BOTH FOR YEARS. I HOPE THIS HELPS

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Please turn off the caps lock
by Alan Copeland / August 14, 2005 10:45 AM PDT
In reply to: PRINTERS
Collapse -
I've had three Epsons. . .
by Coryphaeus / August 15, 2005 12:33 AM PDT

And currently have two Canons. Absolutely zero problems with any of them. Canon's ink is a little cheaper.

One of my Canons is a portable BJC-80, 6 years old. Still works perfectly. You'd have to kill me to take it.

Collapse -
New Epsons....
by jrmar07 / August 15, 2005 11:14 AM PDT

..many people complain about. For these reasons:
1. Because the ink is $$$. Sometimes buying the 4 cartridges costs as much as buying the printer again.
2. Many people cannot figure out how to get change the cartridges, because they do not slide over when you open the door.
3. New Epsons have "Smart Ink." Epson put a chip on in their cartridges which resulted in 2 problems. One, if one cartridge is low or empty it will not allow you to print. If Cyan is low, you cannot print a word document that uses just black. You have to go out and buy a new cartridge.Two, there are compatability issues. These printers will not accept Compatable(cheaper)ink. For instance at Staples we sell Staples brand ink for usually $2-3 cheaper than the Name Brand stuff. These printers will not accept the ink.

The only printers I buy are Canons. I spend no more than $25 on ink every 3 months or so. I recently bought the Canon MP-130 Multifunction printer for $80. I am completely happy.

Collapse -
HP
by Alan Copeland / August 15, 2005 3:27 AM PDT

I hear lots of knocks, but since 1994 that's all that I have attached to my computers. I did get my wife an Epson C86, which is a nice unit, but I still like HP. For a budget printer the Epson C86 is a nice one, and makes decent 4X6 photos.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!