Peripherals forum

General discussion

What printer do I need with these Specs? Please help me ....

I want a copier/printer preferably.

I will be using it mainly for printing text and copying text for homeschooling purposes (one child).

I'd like it to be able to:

handle occasional cardstock sheets from printing or copying

one ink cartridge fairly cheap (obviously color is optional)

Automatic feed

I need the printer to be fairly inexpensive as well. Max $170! And I don't want to have to replace the ink cartridge ALL the TIME. It won't get a ton of use but a fair amount.

I have Windows XP if that helps any.

I have reviewed a few different printers and can not decide between the HP Laserjet P1005 (which is not a copier) Or one of the All-in-One
Canon Pixma MP520 or MP610.

i don't really have use for photo printing since I send all that off to be done. So the all-in-ones seem like a waste of Money to me.

So any other suggestions for me? Anyone? Thank you very much in advance!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What printer do I need with these Specs? Please help me ....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What printer do I need with these Specs? Please help me ....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The one thing that stood out was "cardstock"

In reply to: What printer do I need with these Specs? Please help me ....

All paper stock has a "pound" rating. Get your cardstock poundage and then check the specs on the printers under consideration.

Be aware that consumer printers that don't do photos will likely not be in the usual store shelves. I also see multifunction printers for under 99 bucks that last about 2 years. Why isn't that aceptable?

In closing I set up the office and home with the HP k550. For scanning we use a scanner.
Bob

Collapse -
I use

In reply to: What printer do I need with these Specs? Please help me ....

a Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964.

It can print on thick paper, photo paper, etc. I usually get my photos printed at a place like Walmart, cheaper.

Ink I purchase is around $23 a cartridge and I use the cheap ones.

My printer is no longer made. Make a trip to Office Max or Staples and check out the printers and the prices of ink for them. A nice sales person should be willing to help you.

Rick

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.