TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

What plasma to go with.

by 303Joe / February 5, 2008 5:50 AM PST

Hi, I've been looking at Plasmas for a few months now and have it down to 2. The Panasonic TH 50PX77U or TH 50 PZ77U. Pretty much the same set with anti glare. The 77U is 720P with 1080i and the 77Z is 1080P. I got a price of 1,400 for the 77U and 2,050 for the 77Z. What should I got with? Both have a great picture but is the 1080P worth it? I watch alot of hockey, baseball and movies. I don't have a blu Ray player right now but will get one down the road. I'm leaning towards the 77U but not set on that right now but it is between these 2 sets. Thanks for any help. Joe.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What plasma to go with.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What plasma to go with.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You are kidding us ..right?
by ahtoi / February 5, 2008 10:32 AM PST

How can we make your decision for you when we don't know what the rules are.

Collapse -
Plasma
by gretzkyv99 / February 5, 2008 11:35 PM PST

Pioneer 5080 for about $1999 will have a better picture than either one of those. Im not a fan of the anti-glare screen because I can see the fuzzyness in the picture.

Collapse -
Hey ahtoi what rules?
by 303Joe / February 6, 2008 11:05 AM PST

I was asking a question about both sets. I thought maybe someone has one or the other possibly looked at both sets and could tell me why they went with one or the other. That's all nor rules just wondering. Thanks.

Collapse -
No rule? then I take the PZ model.
by ahtoi / February 6, 2008 11:28 AM PST
In reply to: Hey ahtoi what rules?

I personally just got the Pan. 50px75u couple week ago. Like the view of the other poster here, if I have the money, I would have gotten a Pioneer instead.

Collapse -
it's....
by woodygg / February 6, 2008 8:40 PM PST

nice when you tell others WHY? I have a Panny and I'm happy with it - wouldn't have paid the difference for the Pioneer. If I was wealthier... I would've.

Collapse -
and that's the reason I mention rules or critiria.
by ahtoi / February 7, 2008 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: it's....

I didn't say I don't like the Pan, it's just that the pioneer looks a lot better.

Collapse -
YOUR CHOICE...........
by Riverledge / February 6, 2008 11:27 AM PST

PANASONIC TH-50PZ77U or the
PANASONIC TH-50PZ700U. Pricier, more features.

Hard to find authorized PIONEER dealers selling that cheaply!!!

Best wishes,

River.

Collapse -
Panasonic
by gretzkyv99 / February 6, 2008 11:25 PM PST
In reply to: YOUR CHOICE...........

I work at a big retail store and I sell the 5080 all day for 2g's. That being said, the panasonics are discontinues with us so they will drop to the 1700-1800 price range.
IMO the anti-glare screen doesnt negate the glare enough to warrent putting up with the fuzzyness of the screen. Although I recommendad the Pioneer I went with the Panasonic pz7oo because it was about 50% cheaper (with my discount)

Collapse -
2 weeks ago I bought mine for $1299.
by ahtoi / February 7, 2008 1:50 AM PST
In reply to: Panasonic

$700 is my reason for not getting the Pioneer.

Collapse -
Boy! did I wish I didn't get this one 2 weeks ago.
by ahtoi / February 7, 2008 8:47 AM PST

I was just at Sam's Club. A 50" Panasonic 1080P going for $1271.

Collapse -
IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF EXCHANGING YOUR SET?
by Riverledge / February 7, 2008 11:24 AM PST

JUST A THOUGHT.

Best wishes,

River.

Collapse -
(NT) I don't think Fry's has that policy.
by ahtoi / February 7, 2008 5:24 PM PST
Collapse -
STATE LAWS USUALLY MANDATE SOMETHING LIKE 30 DAYS...........
by Riverledge / February 8, 2008 10:39 AM PST

GO AHEAD, GIVE THEM A HARD TIME!!!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, DO YOU???

BUYERS BEWARE OF RETURN POLICIES.

Best wishes,

Riverledge.

Collapse -
Yeah I wish I was young and have a truck handy.
by ahtoi / February 9, 2008 4:49 PM PST

I have thought about it, but I don't know if it's worth the hazzle of doing it though.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?